About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About Rocket Lab
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high-volume production capability, and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Our space solar products have powered over 1,000 satellites in orbit to date.
This Security Officer is tasked with delivering physical security, ensuring the protection of our assets (premises, possessions, people and infrastructure) by maintaining a safe and secure environment. As a member of the security team, operational preparedness, readiness, and responsiveness are critical to this role. The Security Officer’s primary responsibilities are monitoring, response, and customer service.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Protect company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Provide 24/7 physical security of Sol Aero by Rocket Lab’s assets (premises, possessions, people and infrastructure).
- Ensure the smooth and effective running of security operations by:
- Monitoring of CCTV, access control and intrusion detection systems.
- Responding to issues or incidents identified through these systems, or as observed by, or reported to, you.
- Maintenance of Master Key systems and Trusted Contractor access fobs.
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates as operationally required.
- Maintaining situational awareness of the environment and the people working in and/or visiting our facilities.
- Controlling entry to restricted areas or as otherwise operationally required.
- Ensuring that unauthorized electronic devices are not taken into secure areas.
- Conducting regular safety and security checks of personnel onsite after hours.
- Issuing staff access and updating associated requests.
- Assisting with issuance of ID cards, contractor and visitor passes, and associated site access.
- Continuously assessing potential security threats and risks and responding accordingly.
- Assisting in preparations for special security operations.
- Conducting patrols as operationally required.
- Monitor transfer equipment as operationally required. Rotate through a variety of responsibilities during a shift including monitoring operations, patrolling, incident response, and escorting as required.
- Rotate through a variety of responsibilities during a shift including monitoring operations, patrolling, incident response, and escorting as required.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a security and/or customer service role.
- Must have experience operating access control and CCTV systems (if previously employed in a security role).
- Experience in conflict resolution and dealing with difficult people.
- Completion of required continuing education credit of 2hr per year.
- Full, clean, NM driver license.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience assisting security incident management and investigations.
- Completed secondary school education, or equivalent professional experience demonstrating an aptitude to operate digital platforms and work within standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in the use of digital tools including the Microsoft Suite, and web-based applications.
- Proficient in the front-end use of access control systems, and CCTV systems.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?