Manager - Cybersecurity
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
IT Team Lead - Cybersecurity
Located onsite at our Long Beach, CA headquarters, the Team Lead role will be responsible for providing guidance and mentorship for the cybersecurity team as well as leading the design, implementation, and operation of cybersecurity technologies and policy to comply with all required security framework controls.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Build and manage a cybersecurity program that enables Rocket Lab engineering teams to operate in a productive environment while maintaining a high level of cybersecurity controls to protect our IP and infrastructure. This requires finding the balance between cybersecurity and allowing the business to run efficiently.
- Manage and provide effective guidance to the team. Set goals, tasks, and deadlines as well as KPIs and other metrics to provide well defined performance expectations. Discover training needs and provide coaching.
- Lead project scoping, planning, and deployment for cybersecurity projects in support of annual operating plan goals. Provide subject matter expertise, advise, and guidance to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management of the cybersecurity infrastructure and the delivery of projects.
- Lead auditing requirements and reporting including NIST, SOX, and other customer security compliance requests.
- Lead the vulnerability management and incident management function(s) at Rocket Lab through the development and implementation of standards to ensure:
- Compliance with Rocket Lab cybersecurity policies.
- Compliance with NIST 800-171, CMMC, PSR, and other customer security standards.
- Simplified and consistent environment management practises.
- Clear and concise reporting on vulnerabilities, incidents, remediation efforts, support levels, etc.
- Comprehensive documentation of environments and support
- Assist with the planning and deployment of projects to ensure Rocket Lab follows the appropriate cybersecurity architecture.
- Manage the team to perform upgrades, maintenance, and with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure.
- Work with a team of world class IT, engineering, and business professionals.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ year of experience in IT.
- 5+ of those years of experience in an Infrastructure and\or Cybersecurity focused technology role.
- 1+ of those years of experience in a leadership role or demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- In-depth knowledge of Cybersecurity frameworks and technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
- Scripting, automation, or Infrastructure as Code experience.
- Network (LAN\WAN) and security product support experience.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and K8s.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?