About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
The Security Officer is tasked with delivering physical security, ensuring the protection of our assets (premises, possessions, people and infrastructure) by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
As a member of the security team, operational preparedness, readiness, and responsiveness are critical to this role.
The Security Officer's primary responsibilities are monitoring and response, with a focus on customer service. Whilst former security experience is preferred, the right candidate for this role may have developed customer service skills/experience through hospitality, retail, or other roles.
This role has rostered shift times, including morning, afternoon, and night shifts.
- Demonstrated experience working within a team and toward team goals.
- Experience in conflict resolution and dealing with difficult people.
- NCEA L3 or equivalent professional experience demonstrating an aptitude to operate digital platforms and work within standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in the use of digital tools including the Microsoft Suite, and web-based applications.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Role will require a NZ Certificate of Approval. Current COA preferred however a provisional appointment may be offered based on completion of the COA course prior to permanent appointment.
- Full, clean, NZ driver licence.
- Experience operating access control and CCTV systems (if previously employed in a security role).
- Operational experience using Gallagher and Milestone to an advanced level.
- Experience assisting security incident management and investigations.
- Understanding of the Privacy Act 2020 and its applicability in security.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If the above sounds like you apply now!
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?