Team Lead - Launch Infrastructure
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About the role
Lead the team to deliver a global focus on all the infrastructure and software that will enable Rocket Lab Engineers and Launch Personnel to deliver our world class Launch capabilities. Manage and provide effective guidance to the team. Set goals, tasks, and deadlines as well as KPIs and other metrics to provide well defined performance expectations. Discover training needs and provide coaching.
Contribute to AoP goals, initiatives, projects, budgets, and reporting.
Provides subject matter expertise, advise, and guidance to deliver and support highly reliable and available IT systems through efficient management of the systems that support Launch and the delivery of projects.
Lead project scoping, planning, and deployment for launch infrastructure and new site commissioning projects.
Lead the Launch IT Infrastructure Standards function(s) at Rocket Lab through the implementation of Standards for the deployment and management of the launch ops infra environments to ensure:
· compliance with Rocket Lab Policies
· compliance with Cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures.
· simplified and consistent environment management practises
· automated build and maintenance processes
· improvements to increase reliability of systems
· system High Availability and Disaster Recovery
· that the team is providing effective support
· clear and concise reporting on usage, uptime, support levels, etc
· comprehensive documentation of environments and support
· efficient cost control
Assist with all auditing requirements including NIST, SOX, and other customer requests.
Manage the team to perform upgrades, maintenance, and with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure.
Work with a team of world class IT, engineering, and business professionals.
7+ years of experience in IT.
5+ of those years of experience in an Infrastructure focused technology role.
1+ of those years of experience in a leadership role or demonstrated ability to lead a team.
Advanced problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following:
· Kubernetes, VMware, Linux, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation, and/or Infrastructure as Code.
· Server and Storage hardware, Backups, HA\DR\BC, Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Management (PKI), DNS, or DHCP.
Scripting, automation, or Infrastructure as Code experience.
Security frameworks and technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
Network (LAN\WAN) and security product support experience.
Experience working with ground systems, high volume data transfers, launch operations, etc.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?