About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Frontier Radio Program
Rocket Lab is seeking exceptional engineers to work on its Frontier Radio Program. The Frontier Radio is a family of satellite/spacecraft transceivers that enable communications and radiometric navigation for near earth and deep space missions. The Frontier Radio family includes the Frontier-S, used on Rocket Lab’s Photon satellite bus that supported the NASA Capstone mission, and the Frontier-X, which will support the NASA Escapade mission to Mars. Additional variants are under development to satisfy growing internal and external customer demand. Engineers supporting the Frontier Radio program have a unique opportunity to support the full product life cycle of a key satellite/spacecraft component, to develop a deep technical understanding of RF communications, and to gain exposure to a wide range of satellite/spacecraft development programs and missions.
RF Engineer II
Based out of Rocket Lab Headquarters in Long Beach, California. The RF Engineer II works independently under the guidance of the RF Product Manager and will play a key role across the development, production, and delivery of frontier radios. The successful candidate will have a strong set of RF analysis, test and systems engineering skills, will have experience in related projects, and will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and maintain requirements specifications for new products and product features.
- Initiate product development activities and monitor progress.
- Develop test plans and steer the development of test systems and automation.
- Support test engineers across product development and implementation phases
- Develop product documentation.
- Liaise with material planners to ensure component inventory meets customer program demand, and that supply chain risks are minimized.
- Create production orders per customer requirements.
- Support test engineers across the production process
- Review and sign-off on End Item Data Packages and unit delivery
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Continuously optimize processes, systems, and technical data across the product life cycle
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, RF communications or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in the design, integration and testing of RF communications systems.
- Solid fundamental RF knowledge including cascaded device analysis and link budget analysis.
- Experience using RF test equipment including network, spectrum, and signal analyzers.
- General understanding of environmental performance standards such as GSFC-STD-7000 and MIL-STD-461, along with associated qualification and acceptance testing.
- Experience defining and/or conducting comprehensive RF performance test campaigns on RF communications components and systems.
- Basic software skills and test automation experience
- PCBA test and troubleshooting experience.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Willing to work extra hours and weekends as needed to meet critical business needs.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?