Fluids Analyst, Neutron
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!
Fluids Analyst, Neutron
Based out of Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, CA the Fluids Analyst is responsible for performing analysis required to drive system sizing and critical design details across the Neutron vehicle and launch system. You will work in the Fluid Systems group and contribute to both vehicle and launch infrastructure design.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Contribute to initial vehicle & launch facility layout with fluid system hand-calcs & simulations.
- Build and maintain complex fluid system models that can be used during design, build, test and production to anticipate vehicle operational characteristics and drive design improvements.
- Drive component design optimizations through fluid analysis using both commercial tools and in-house developed code.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in fluid analysis
- Knowledge of fluids mechanics and heat transfer
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical and fluids design principals
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s degree in fluid mechanics-related studies
- Experience building fluid network models in Python, Matlab or similar.
- Working experience with cryogenic fluid systems
- Hardware optimization through CFD (StarCCM+ preferred)
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?