GNC Engineer II - Neutron
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
"We are looking for a highly motivated and competent engineer to join us as we develop Neutron, a medium-lift reusable launch vehicle. As part of the GNC team you will be developing core GNC algorithms, modelling and simulating vehicle dynamics, and verifying systems with real-world test data."
- Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 3+ years’ launch vehicle or spacecraft dynamics and modelling experience
- 3+ years’ experience developing in C/C++
- 3+ years’ experience developing in Python or MATLAB
- A thorough theoretical and/or practical understanding of rigid and/or flexible body dynamics, particularly 6DOF rocket dynamics
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and/or closed-loop control systems
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Experience with Simulink
- Experience in developing models from fundamental principles and validating through test
- Experience with high reliability systems and processes
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground-breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?