About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
We are currently seeking a Material Planner to join our highly dynamic Supply Chain team based out of Long Beach, CA
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Responsible for demand, supply, and fulfillment planning within MRP
- Responsible for releasing purchase planning messages to Procurement, work orders to Production, and kit requests to the warehouse.
- Responsible for updating demand to accommodate Engineering Change Orders, communicate changes to Procurement.
- Create visibility of material position (with line of balance reports, material shortage reports, clear to build reports, etc.)
- Accountable for ensuring part master data within MRP is accurate
- Understand material demand and accuracy of configuration
- Configure BOM’s within MRP, based on product spec
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals
YOU'LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Team oriented, strong demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and to multiple deadlines
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. We do what we say we’re going to do, we are fiercely efficient and best of all, we build beautiful things.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.