About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
From missions to the Moon & Mars, to looking for life on Venus, Rocket Lab has opened up a solar system of possibilities for innovation, exploration and infrastructure in space to make for a better world down here on Earth. At Rocket Lab, our employees have a once in a lifetime opportunity to work on cutting edge projects and leave their footprint in history.
Rocket Lab has vertically integrated to become the world's leading end-to-end space company. From space software, separation systems, solar panels, reaction wheels, and in-house 3D engine builds, anything that goes to space will have a Rocket Lab logo on it.
With our Electron rocket and Photon spacecraft, we’ve simplified space, making it easy and affordable to get your ideas to orbit. And with the development of our re-usable rocket, Neutron, we will have the capabilities for mega constellation deployment, high value payloads, deep-space missions and human spaceflight come 2024.
Rocket Lab has the only private orbital launch site in the world and has become the leader in reliable small satellite launch. The satellites we build and launch are enabling innovation and exploration, they’re keeping countries connected and borders protected, they're monitoring weather and managing waste, they're providing insights on climate change, and helping us manage resources for future generations. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
We are currently seeking a Material Planner to join our highly dynamic Supply Chain team based out of Long Beach, CA
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for demand, supply, and fulfillment planning within MRP
- Responsible for releasing purchase planning messages to Procurement, work orders to Production, and kit requests to the warehouse.
- Responsible for updating demand to accommodate Engineering Change Orders, communicate changes to Procurement.
- Create visibility of material position (with line of balance reports, material shortage reports, clear to build reports, etc.)
- Accountable for ensuring part master data within MRP is accurate
- Understand material demand and accuracy of configuration
- Configure BOM’s within MRP, based on product spec
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Team oriented, strong demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and to multiple deadlines
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. We do what we say we’re going to do, we are fiercely efficient and best of all, we build beautiful things.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?