Experimental Research Associate
Realta Fusion is a rapidly growing start-up developing compact magnetic mirror fusion energy systems to address the biggest challenge of our time – tackling global climate change while ensuring a sufficient energy supply for at least ten billion people on (and off) earth. Realta is targeting the need to decarbonize industrial process heat as the fastest path to full-scale deployment of our technology. We are building a team with diverse talents dedicated to making fusion energy a real solution to humanity’s most pressing problem.
The Experimental Research Associate will work with Realta's technical team to conduct experimental research. The Experimental Research Associate will collaborate with researchers in private, national laboratory, and academic research institutions - including with University of Wisconsin personnel working on the Wisconsin High-Temperature-Superconducting Axisymmetric Mirror (WHAM) device.
- Provide technical support in a fast-paced scientific research and development program. Contribute to implementation of experimental apparatus; collaboratively conduct experiments collaboratively with academic researchers and Realta technical staff.
- Fabricate, install, commission, and debug electronic and/or electromechanical systems with direction from academic researchers and Realta technical staff. Assist in data acquisition and tree-structure management.
- Safety: Contribute to the establishment of company safety standards and lead implementation of these standards within R&D team.
- Culture and Values: Foster a positive and inclusive work environment that aligns with the company's mission, values, and sustainability goals, promoting innovation, collaboration, and employee engagement.
- Education: B.S. in Physics, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in experimental research required.
Applicants who do not meet the entire job specification are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
What we are working on is hard… and hugely important. Realta Fusion is assembling a talented team bound together by a passion to solve humanity’s biggest challenge with first-of-a-kind technology. That shared mission is a primary benefit of working in our team. Additionally, Realta offers:
- Competitive compensation, including equity stock options
- Excellent health / dental / vision and other benefits
- Flexible paid vacation/time-off
- The opportunity to work in one of America's most livable cities - Madison, Wisconsin
We value diversity as a critical factor in innovation and believe a diverse team is necessary to solve the toughest problems. We aim to create an inclusive environment that unleashes the full creativity of our team members from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.