Fulfillment Associate (Hayward, CA)
Hayward, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2021
Quartzy is looking for a Fulfillment Associate to help execute our day-to-day fulfillment operations. In this role, you will be responsible for performing the functions necessary to manage our inventory and fulfill customer orders.
You are a customer-focused, collaborative, and detail-oriented colleague who has extensive experience working in a high growth, dynamic warehouse environment. You believe that several small tweaks can lead to dramatic improvements, so you’re always tracking and optimizing the processes around you. Above all, you will do whatever it takes to ensure our service levels exceed our customers’ expectations.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Execute the day-to-day operations of our fulfillment center, including:
- Unload and breakdown inbound shipments
- Receive and put away into appropriate bin or zone locations
- Pick, pack, and ship customer orders
- Log all activities as appropriate into warehouse management system
- Perform routine inventory control responsibilities
- Contribute to the optimization of existing processes to maximize the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse environment
What We're Looking For
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving operational goals
- Proficiency with a warehouse management system
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Forklift driving experience
What We Offer
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like speaker series, virtual happy hours & company/department off-sites
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Great Hours - our warehouse operates 7am - 3:30pm, M-F. We rarely work on weekends
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.