Senior Cloud Engineer
São Paulo, SP, Brazil · Remote
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Quartzy is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our 100% remote Engineering team! Our mission at Quartzy is to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery by creating an innovative SaaS/eCommerce platform solution that automates and streamlines inventory management and purchasing along with additional features as we lead the way to creating the connected lab.
Quartzys Platform Team designs, builds, and operates our dynamic infrastructure platform providing the foundation that bridges our hardware and software boundary. The ideal person for this role will have prior experience in a SaaS company in a role focused on building/maintaining cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines with experience taking lead on projects.. This person will work very closely with our Lead Cloud Engineer, and are expected to bring the experience necessary to at times work self-directed. In this role you’ll engage cross-functionally with our agile delivery teams building and operating our core services running on AWS, stand up automated code and data delivery pipelines supporting frequent software releases, create intelligent monitoring and alerting automation workflows, and design and build infrastructure-as-code environments that scale.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Implement and maintain capabilities on our HashiCorp in AWS platform using a combination of Nix, Terraform and related tools, providing development, QA, and production environment automation.
- Support infrastructure refactoring initiatives and seek to automate manually performed tasks, drive infrastructure monitoring and cloud based delivery tooling towards key engineering objectives .
- Perform root-cause analysis for service interruptions and establish preventive measures.
- Support development of policies and procedures for standard operating procedures around change management, access provisioning, and structured incident handling in support of achieving company level security and compliance programs and frameworks.
- Participate in on-call support rotation.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on a Platform or Cloud Engineering team in a hands-on role operating a 24x7 AWS based workload, infrastructure, database, and networking.
- Experience with networking concepts (TCP/IP, VPNs, VPC, load balancing, firewalls, SSH), DNS, SSO and authentication standards, system performance-monitoring tools, email routing,RDS and distributed data systems (Elastic, Redis, RabbitMQ, Beanstalk), and interacting with REST APIs for application integration and automation.
- Experience managing cloud-based codified solutions using Terraform, Ansible, and AWS
- Experience developing and maintaining infrastructure-as-code solutions for AWS.
- Experience deploying containers and workload orchestration tools such as Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, or OpenShift, in a multi-cluster multi-environment setup
- Experience working with Git, or other version control systems, and automating code delivery pipelines using infrastructure-as-code tools supporting frequent production deployments
- Experience working with or under one of more security and compliance certification frameworks
- Demonstrates effective communication and leadership skills by taking initiative on complex/technical projects involving multiple team members, technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What We Offer
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like speaker series, virtual happy hours & company/department off-sites
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Internet Stipend - Quartzy provides a monthly stipend for your internet service
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office.
See more open positions at Quartzy
Something looks off?