Strategic Account Manager (Field Sales)
Sales & Business Development
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
Quartzy is seeking a high energy Strategic Account Manager to manage key Quartzy accounts in our academic segment. In this role, you’ll build relationships with existing accounts in order to maximize inventory purchasing spend within dedicated accounts to grow revenues and gross profits .
-This role requires thorough knowledge of the academic and biotech life science supply market
-Expand existing revenues while developing and driving new business opportunities
-Experience/knowledge of technology solutions, software or SaaS is a plus.
You’re the type of person who is motivated by building relationships. It’s easy for you to communicate with others - by both listening and empathizing as well as getting your point across in a clear and concise manner. You’re naturally curious, and don’t stop asking questions until you fully understand the situation. While you are competitive by nature, you like working in a team environment and are motivated by the success of those around you. You should be accustomed to handling your own pipeline and meeting demanding quotas.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from companies working on COVID testing and therapies, to wine makers, to food and ag companies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Work with a key academic customers to expand our relationship with the goal of consolidating and increasing their current ecommerce spend as well as adding new users/ labs to support the company’s Gross Profit goals
- Inform customers of supply and price trends while assisting with inventory management with customers
- Remain in tune with industry activity and keep customers informed of new products and other general information of interest to customers
- Effectively build, manage, and report on your pipeline, using tools like SalesForce, Outreach.com, Looker and others
- Establish and build relationships with key customer organizations, including purchasing/finance, IT, scientists, department leaders (research) and lab managers
- Partner with internal departments including marketing, customer success and product to ensure customer retention, adoption and growth
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years sales or account management experience (preferably in the academic or biotech space) with proven track record of overachievement
- Knowledge and application of the principles of laboratory supply chain
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Fantastic written and verbal communication ability
- Eager to learn and grow
- Bachelor's degree or considerable and relevant work experience
- A tech savvy person who is experienced working with a variety of different technology (we use Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Navigator, ZoomInfo and other sales automation/enablement tools)
- Interest (or a background) in life science would be helpful
- Prior experience working / selling remotely, a plus
What We Offer
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like speaker series, virtual happy hours & company/department off-sites
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Internet Stipend - Quartzy provides a monthly stipend for your internet service
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office.
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you. We’d love to hear from you if so.
See more open positions at Quartzy
Something looks off?