Senior Software Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Q Bio is building technology for the Physical of the Future that measures more, faster and cheaper about the human body, to enable proactive primary care for all. We're revolutionizing primary care with the first clinical digital twin platform, powered by breakthrough whole-body scanning technology, that highlights the most important changes in a person’s physiology for sharing with physicians and specialists anywhere in the world.
Q Bio’s clinical digital twin platform, Gemini, is the first to capture and monitor comprehensive baseline patient health in a scalable virtual model. The Gemini Dashboard highlights the most important chemical and anatomical changes in an individual weighted by an individual’s lifestyle, genetic and medical history, that can be securely shared with physicians and specialists all over the world.
Gemini is powered by the fastest, most accessible, whole body scanner developed: the Mark I. Self-driving and optimized for primary care, the Mark I can complete a whole-body scan in 15 minutes or less in an open space, without radiation, breath holds, or claustrophobia. Patient comfort is maximized with the option to sit, stand, or lie down, and real-time telemetry is displayed throughout.
Why should you consider a career with Q Bio?
We dream big. Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand the human body like never before. We know how critical empowering and supportive leadership is, both to our excellence as a company, and for our team experience as a whole, and our leadership team will empower and support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from a diverse background of disciplines and experiences. We value teamwork, growth, determination and persistence, commitment to collaboration, and a reliance on staying nimble while keeping the big picture in mind.
The Radiomics Engineering Team is divided into four smaller teams: Image Acquisition/Pulse Sequence Design, Image Reconstruction, Image Post-processing, and Hardware Engineering. While each team functions independently, we value cross-pollination of ideas, open discussion, and sharing of knowledge. As a company, we all work towards the primary goal of developing a reproducible, non-invasive, and high-speed whole body exam.
Role: If you are passionate about writing innovative, high performance software, come join our engineering team! As a key player bringing advanced experience in software development, you will work alongside Image Processing Engineers and Machine Learning Scientists to deliver the future generations of our technology:
- Cloud-based algorithmic pipelines for image processing
- Tooling for ML: data management, model training, validation and deployment
- Design, implement, document, validate, release and maintain algorithmic software components
- Improve infrastructure and tooling: machine learning toolkits, test frameworks and CI/CD pipelines
- Design and deploy cloud-based infrastructure and services
- Participate in cross-functional efforts such as clinical validations and releases of the software
- Mentor other engineers and continuously improve our engineering practices and culture
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related is required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in a software company
- Expert proficiency in Python
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Experience with source control and code reviews
- Ability to read low level documentation and architect solutions
- Familiarity with DevOps methodologies, CI/CD pipelines and containerization technologies such as Docker
- Exceptionally clear communication with software engineers and scientists
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced startup environment
Nice to have:
- Apache Airflow for data pipelines
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools such as CloudFormation
- Knowledge of machine learning workflows at scale: from training to deploying models; Deep learning frameworks: Pytorch, TensorFlow
- Experience with database design and management systems such as PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding of networking
- Knowledge of security best practices and compliance requirements, such as HIPAA.
Benefits offered by Q Bio include:
- Competitive salary and equity in a well-funded, early stage startup
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Progressive paid family leave and sick leave plans
- Complimentary annual Q Exam
- Personalized catered meals every day
- Opportunity to work on a highly interdisciplinary team and at the cutting edge of digital health tech
Q Bio was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneur Jeffrey Kaditz, Dr. Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, and Dr. Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. Q Bio has raised over $80M from world class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and many more.
Q Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Q Bio
Something looks off?