RF Coil Engineer
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 4, 2021
Q Bio is building technology for the Physical of the Future that measures more, faster and cheaper about the human body, to enable proactive primary care for all. We're revolutionizing primary care with the first clinical digital twin platform, powered by breakthrough whole-body scanning technology, that highlights the most important changes in a person’s physiology for sharing with physicians and specialists anywhere in the world.
Q Bio’s clinical digital twin platform, Gemini, is the first to capture and monitor comprehensive baseline patient health in a scalable virtual model. The Gemini Dashboard highlights the most important chemical and anatomical changes in an individual weighted by an individual’s lifestyle, genetic and medical history, that can be securely shared with physicians and specialists all over the world.
Gemini is powered by the fastest, most accessible, whole body scanner developed: the Mark I. Self-driving and optimized for primary care, the Mark I can complete a whole-body scan in 15 minutes or less in an open space, without radiation, breath holds, or claustrophobia. Patient comfort is maximized with the option to sit, stand, or lie down, and real-time telemetry is displayed throughout.
Why should you consider a career with Q Bio?
We dream big. Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand the human body like never before. We know how critical empowering and supportive leadership is, both to our excellence as a company, and for our team experience as a whole, and our leadership team will empower and support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from a diverse background of disciplines and experiences. We value teamwork, growth, determination and persistence, commitment to collaboration, and a reliance on staying nimble while keeping the big picture in mind.
Q Bio is developing a next generation imaging device, the Mark I, that includes a complete suite of RF Transmit and Receive coil sub-systems. We are seeking a RF Coil Engineer with the ability to generate innovative design concepts, prototype in the lab, and design/execute test plans.
- Design innovative RF transmit/receive coil sub-systems and peripheral circuits backed by comprehensive engineering analysis
- Prototype coil/circuit designs in the RF lab, characterize the performance and iterate to improve product functions (like, SNR/Mechanical robustness/power efficiency …).
- Document and support design and prototyping from concept to architecture.
- Design and execute test plans to verify prototypes/products meet the internal requirements and external regulatory compliance.
- Productize designs in conjunction with cross-functional input from Commercial, Quality, Manufacturing, and HW/SW teams.
- Interface with external vendors and contract manufacturers to facilitate fast prototyping, design verification, process validation and manufacturing transfer.
Knowledge and skill required:
- Bachelor Degree (Masters and PhD preferred) in Physics, Biomedical, or Electrical Engineering with 2-5 years of experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and lead complex projects internally and with 3rd party vendors.
- RF Coil development experience either in academia or industry, including transmit and/or receive coils and related circuits for human or small animal MRI systems.
- Proficient in RF components schematic and PCB layout design including, RF resonators, filters, Impedance matching, common coil decoupling schemes, coil detuning, Balun and RF traps.
- Competent in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, directional couplers, noise figure meters, RF power amplifiers.
- Diverse skill-set with Electrical/RF/Mechanical Engineering fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of the sub-systems of a typical MRI scanner, and common MRI sequences for coil testing.
- General knowledge of MRI physics.
Benefits offered at Q Bio include:
- Competitive salary and equity in a well-funded, early stage startup
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid family leave and sick leave plans
- Complimentary annual Q Exam
- Personalized catered meals every day
- Opportunity to work on a highly interdisciplinary team and become an expert in computational biology, biotechnology, and the cutting edge of digital healthtech while getting hands-on experience!
In the San Francisco Bay Area, the standard pay range for this role is $130,000-$160,000 annualized. This pay range is for the San Francisco Bay Area and is not applicable to locations outside of this location or for remote roles. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and work location. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer significant equity and an employee-friendly stock option plan. Employees will also be eligible to participate in benefits plans available to other similarly situated employees subject to any eligibility requirements imposed by such plans.
Q Bio was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneur Jeffrey Kaditz, Dr. Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, and Dr. Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. Q Bio has raised over $80M from world class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and many more.
Q Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Q Bio
Something looks off?