Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 8, 2021
Q Bio is building technology for the Physical of the Future that measures more, faster and cheaper about the human body, to enable proactive primary care for all. We're revolutionizing primary care with the first clinical digital twin platform, powered by breakthrough whole-body scanning technology, that highlights the most important changes in a person’s physiology for sharing with physicians and specialists anywhere in the world.
Q Bio’s clinical digital twin platform, Gemini, is the first to capture and monitor comprehensive baseline patient health in a scalable virtual model. The Gemini Dashboard highlights the most important chemical and anatomical changes in an individual weighted by an individual’s lifestyle, genetic and medical history, that can be securely shared with physicians and specialists all over the world.
Gemini is powered by the fastest, most accessible, whole body scanner developed: the Mark I. Self-driving and optimized for primary care, the Mark I can complete a whole-body scan in 15 minutes or less in an open space, without radiation, breath holds, or claustrophobia. Patient comfort is maximized with the option to sit, stand, or lie down, and real-time telemetry is displayed throughout.
Why should you consider a career with Q Bio?
We dream big. Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand the human body like never before. We know how critical empowering and supportive leadership is, both to our excellence as a company, and for our team experience as a whole, and our leadership team will empower and support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from a diverse background of disciplines and experiences. We value teamwork, growth, determination and persistence, commitment to collaboration, and a reliance on staying nimble while keeping the big picture in mind.
Please note that this is a Temp to Hire role and we are looking for candidates who want to start as part-time phlebotomists and potentially move to full-time roles if hours allow.
- As an phlebotomist, you are responsible for venipuncture for visits, vital signs collection, and biosample processing
- Insures effective communication with individuals undergoing visit
- Performs and remains current on all visit protocols.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies, cleaning exam room, and participant preparation
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and when necessary report to the proper personnel for repair (ensures equipment functional, sanitized between visits)
- Biosample kit preparation and supply management
- Genomics kit preparation, shipping, tracking, and supply management
- Biosample drop off or shipment
- Inventory management on consumables
- Member engagement (communications for any Q&A, scheduling, follow-up)
- Ensuring exam room and waiting area is ready for participant visits
- License/Certifications: Certified Phlebotomist, BLS - Basic Life SupportClinical work experience of at least one year
- Proficiency with venipunctures
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary team and the drive to thrive in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Strong bedside manner, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated patient care skills with ability to explain complex medical terms and procedures in a manner that is easily understood by a non-medical audience
In the San Francisco Bay Area, the standard pay range for this role is $24-$32 per hour. This pay range is for the San Francisco Bay Area and is not applicable to locations outside of this location or for remote roles. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and work location. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer significant equity and an employee-friendly stock option plan. Employees will also be eligible to participate in benefits plans available to other similarly situated employees subject to any eligibility requirements imposed by such plans.
Q Bio was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneur Jeffrey Kaditz, Dr. Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, and Dr. Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. Q Bio has raised over $80M from world class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and many more.
Q Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.