Senior Product Manager
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Who You Are:
You are a highly motivated individual looking to have an immediate impact on the systems, processes, and technology of markets that are often called the engine of the US economy. You are a mid to senior-level professional, and are excited to join an experienced team of leaders that value excellence, independent thinking, teamwork and curiosity to create value for our customers. You are eager to play an essential role in product testing for Polly. Does this sound like you?
If so, apply today & let’s start the conversation!
What You'll Do:
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market and the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Evaluate and prioritize requirements in partnership with the business. Prioritize and manage the backlog for effective release and sprint planning. Manage the expectations of the business regarding delays and updated timelines.
- Facilitate requirements definition across teams to decompose and document releases, epics, functional requirements to developer-ready user stories and acceptance criteria. Work with Program Management and Engineering to ensure product ships on time and to quality.
- Measure everything. A feature's release does not dictate success. Define what success means for each feature and each function before it even goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define and monitor success.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently. Coordinate product release communications for your components. Define expectations for engineering teams and hold them accountable to success and failures. Promote your products both internally and externally and ensure a cohesive message.
- Actively leverage primary and secondary research to deepen understanding of mortgage industry customers across their lifecycle.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, events, and channels to anticipate customer needs.
- Be a champion of our technology team process and make sure your team members are following them.
- Confirms quality of releases as mentioned above and confirm UAT is conducted and business signoff is obtained.
- Coordinate with different departments any reviews needed for the success of the project. Coordinate with compliance department or others as necessary especially if new technology will be developed.
What You Have:
- Proven ability to promote a vision that excites and inspires a cross-functional technical team.
- 2-4 years of product management experience preferred, or equivalent responsibilities
- Strong user experience/design sense, with a record of building great products.
- Direct experience in delivering a product using iterative or Agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to lead and work autonomously
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (technical disciplines).
Why Join Polly:
- We are attacking a trillion-dollar market with gross inefficiencies and seeking to transform the way an entire industry operates
- We have an experienced leadership team that previously built large and impactful platforms
- Outstanding opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
- Direct engagement with the decision makers and senior business leaders
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental/disability/life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Remote environment
Let’s get to know each other.
Polly is transforming the mortgage industry with its modern, data-driven capital markets ecosystem. Banks, credit unions, and mortgage lenders nationwide trust Polly’s revolutionary Product and Pricing Engine (PPE), Loan Trading Exchange, and actionable data and analytics to automate and optimize the entire capital markets value chain, helping their secondary teams operate faster, smarter, and more profitably. Polly was founded in 2019 by a seasoned team of technology and mortgage experts and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
To learn more, follow Polly on LinkedIn or visit www.polly.io. Polly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, disability status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See more open positions at PollyEx
Something looks off?