Staff Scalability Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Who You Are:
You have 7+ years of software development experience under your belt and are looking for your next challenge in a hyper-growth, fast-paced, industry disrupting, SaaS company. You are excited to work with emerging technologies and modern tech stack with a collaborative engineering team, where you will have a direct impact in the delivery of first class software products. Your experience mentoring others, working with distributed systems, relational databases, and all things software development has prepared you to take your career to the next level.
Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading and apply today!
What You'll Do:
- Build web applications and services using Python, Django, Postgres and AWS
- Debug critical performance issues, whether it be in the application layer or underlying databases such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Deploy applications and services to a Kubernetes cluster that can scale horizontally and have been proven out through rigorous performance testing
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems; build unit tests and automation to ensure the quality of your features
- Work with existing code and write new code that is easily maintainable through documentation, good architecture and automated testing
- Define, discuss and work with the team on the architecture of the platform
- Actively participate in interviewing and evaluating new team members
- Provide vision and direction for software development best practices & methodologies
- Mentor junior members of the software engineering team in all aspects of software development across multiple projects with multiple customers
- Prioritize your work and the work of others with a sense of urgency to ship products in time to have the desired business impact while balancing a quality mindset
- Review code, help drive technical excellence through best practices and latest tools
- Maintain a working knowledge of advances and trends in programming and technology
- Generate ideas for innovative technological solutions
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 7-10+ years of professional experience
- Senior level skill-set with core programming languages (Python, Java, Django, C#, C/C++, etc.)
- Mongo and Postgres Scalability
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, highly available cloud native services
- Comfortable interacting and educating customers while representing the team and the organization
- Ability to define and execute on strategic and visionary goals
Extra's You Bring:
- Deploying into a public cloud service (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and building scalable/redundant services
- Experience with service monitoring, metrics, alerting, log aggregation, and tracing
- Experience with functional/acceptance testing
Why Join Polly?
- We are attacking a trillion-dollar market with gross inefficiencies and seeking to transform the way an entire industry operates
- We have an experienced leadership team that previously built large and impactful platforms
- Outstanding opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
- Direct engagement with the decision makers and senior business leaders
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental/disability/life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Remote environment
Who We Are:
Polly was founded in 2019 by a seasoned team of technology and mortgage experts. We are transforming the mortgage industry by automating and streamlining the mortgage transaction lifecycle through data science and machine learning. Lenders and other mortgage stakeholders trust us to optimize performance by automating manual workflows, improving loan profitability, and yielding actionable insights through our next generation BI analytics layer. Polly is backed by prominent Silicon Valley venture firms including 8VC, Meritech, Menlo Ventures, Khosla, Base10, NYCA, Fifth Wall, and Conversion Capital.
Polly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, disability status, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See more open positions at PollyEx
Something looks off?