Strategic Finance Sr Manager / Director
Accounting & Finance
United States · Remote
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Who You Are:
You design and execute on key financial strategic initiatives in close partnership with functional leaders across organizations. Your work directly translates into financial results and you are excited to report to the CFO and have direct exposure to the entire executive team. You have proven experience making direct contributions to overall strategy and your efforts have played a key role in driving its successful execution.
Does this sound like you? If so, let’s start the conversation!
What You'll Do:
- Lead cross functional work streams to understand and influence key value drivers, unit economics, and resource planning; partner closely with accounting org to create a strong tie-in with GAAP revenue recognition and revenue organization to align top-line drivers
- Manage the company’s core FP&A function, including annual and interim planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Develop and own financial modeling addressing short and long-term forecasting, rigorous scenario planning, and ad hoc analysis
- Own the company’s SaaS metrics and identify risks and opportunities with actionable recommendations to internal constituents
- Conduct market research and diligence, TAM sizing, and track external trends closely that Polly’s end market
- Responsible for ensuring Polly’s economics are optimized in new business and expansion initiatives such as pricing development for new product roll-outs
- Drive critical work streams across corporate development initiatives such as acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and capital raising
- Lead the analysis, deck development and other deliverables for internal and external constituents, including the executive team, board of directors, and investors
Attributes You Bring:
- Honesty, integrity, and accountability are paramount
- Excited about scaling a B2B software business within the mortgage industry
- Capable of developing and driving repeatable processes to meet timelines, while simultaneously hustling on strategic initiatives requiring a dynamic approach
- Strong ability to work-cross functionally and gain buy-in from multiple stakeholders
- Expert financial modeling skills; experience with financial/business planning software is a plus
- Adept at synthesizing complex problems into digestible frameworks and crafting compelling presentations catered to the appropriate audience
What You Have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience across a combination of strategic finance, investment banking, management consulting, or principal investing (venture; private equity), including 2+ years of experience working in strategic finance within a high growth software business
Why join Polly?
- We are attacking a trillion-dollar market with gross inefficiencies and seeking to transform the way an entire industry operates
- We have an experienced leadership team that previously built large and impactful platforms
- Outstanding opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
- Direct engagement with the decision makers and senior business leaders
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental/disability/life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Remote environment
Let’s get to know each other.
Polly is transforming the mortgage industry with its modern, data-driven capital markets ecosystem. Banks, credit unions, and mortgage lenders nationwide trust Polly’s revolutionary Product and Pricing Engine (PPE), Loan Trading Exchange, and actionable data and analytics to automate and optimize the entire capital markets value chain, helping their secondary teams operate faster, smarter, and more profitably. Polly was founded in 2019 by a seasoned team of technology and mortgage experts and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Polly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, disability status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.