Director of Supply Chain
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Pendulum™ has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are looking for a Director of Supply Chain to join our team and lead our Supply Chain processes for both our commercial and clinical operations. This role is well-suited to a big thinker who is up for the challenge of streamlining our current supply chain operations into this multifunctional role. Reporting to our Vice President of Operations, you will play a crucial role in aligning our supply chain and building best practices to meet the needs of our clinical trials and growing commercial demand.
Our ideal Director of Supply Chain is someone who thrives within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, who gets excited about reducing waste and increasing efficiencies, and who has seen how an organization’s supply chain changes as a product goes from R&D through to commercialization.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership and support in planning, development and execution of supply chain activities
- Develop and oversee the Supply Chain department’s vision and strategy
- Oversee Inventory Management and inventory control for both commercial and clinical operations
- Manage the supply/demand forecasting process, and reconcile demand forecast with the production plan
- Lead strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations
- Plan and forecast materials requirements
- Manage the inhouse and offsite storage of bottle inventory
- Manage raw material and finished goods inventory
- Oversee the fulfillment and shipment of customer orders
- Oversee the procurement of direct and indirect categories
- Serve as point of escalation for vendor performance issues
- Participate in ERP Systems requirement list, design, and implementation
- Oversee the maintenance of shipment documentation including requests, quote, POs, invoices and bills
- Provide oversight of the SCO budget
- Develop business processes and procedures to monitor and track shipments
- Maintain current and accurate distribution and logistics files
- Manage monthly and weekly inventory reporting Manage and grow the Supply Chain team, including: Facilities, Shipping and Receiving, Fulfillment, and Procurement.
- Plan and forecast clinical trial materials to ensure supply is delivered on time for clinical trials
- Manage distribution and logistics for clinical trial activities to warehouses, CROs; including IVRS systems for clinical trials as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A./B.S. in relevant discipline (operations, materials management, finance, manufacturing), required. Advanced degree, preferred
- 8+ years experience in supply chain, with 3+ years experience in a management level role within this function, preferred
- Startup experience working in Supply Chain through product commercialization, required
- Experience owning the Supply Chain function within a commercial organization
- Experience developing forecasting templates and managing supply/demand process
- Experience with ERP systems and design specifications
- Experience with business processes and operational excellence
- Collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Experience In logistics and distribution
- Strategic thinker
- Prioritization and planning skills
- Ability to recognize complex issues and develop and implement solutions collaboratively
- Able to lead teams and influence stakeholders
- Experience managing multiple teams
- Experience building and scaling a Supply Chain Organization, preferred
- Six Sigma, Kaizen, or 5S training, a plus
- Experience working within cGMP and GCP environment
- Understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements, a plus
Salary & Benefits
- $203,535 - $226,150
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Commuter Benefits
- Life & STD Insurance
- Company match on 401 (k)
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
Pendulum Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome all to apply.