Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Security
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Security to join our Security team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Senior Security Engineer focuses on cloud technologies, working with other Security team members and partnering cross-functionally with engineering and SRE to ensure Oscar has the data and tools needed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Oscar’s data and systems. You will be working with cross-functional teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in Oscar’s cloud environments and processes. Assisting to create a culture of collaboration with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security.
You will report to the Manager, Security Architecture.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office (in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $144,000 - $189,000 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to proactively identify, address, and resolve security concerns across Oscar's comprehensive tech infrastructure, encompassing Web Applications, Mobile Apps, Networks, and Cloud systems, including proposing enhanced controls and procedural strategies to mitigate technical risks
- Demonstrate an in-depth comprehension of Oscar's technological landscape
- Collaborate effectively with Security Leadership, providing insights into technical issues and their potential impacts
- Engage in multiple-layers of oscars Technology stack to design security measures around protecting Oscars systems
- Simplify intricate security concerns into actionable steps for effective remediation or risk mitigation
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience in Technology related field
- 2+ years experience in Security
- Work to create a culture of collaboration with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security.
- Secure development life-cycle (SDLC & CI/CD) practices including threat modeling and security testing
- Hands-on experience in Security Engineering
- Hands-on experience in Cloud Engineering
- Experience with database data access/management including SQL and BigQuery
- Experience implementing modern cloud infrastructure services in AWS or GCP
- Experience using containers and container orchestration technology (Mesos and Kubernetes)
- Experience with Terraform or ArgoCD
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.