Manager, Data Integrations Analyst
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Manager, Data Integrations Analyst to join our Data Integrations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
In this role, you will work closely across and outside the organization to solve complex data issues. You will work collaboratively to triage data related issues, understand the root cause of those issues, and partner with the engineering, data, and customer success teams to implement solutions.
You will understand the use, flow, and generation of data within a complex ecosystem of business processes and is able to articulate their findings to audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge. You will work both independently and with customers and with teammates to dig deeply and fully understand these issues within data.
You will work to drive the scoping & execution of analytical requests, including working with stakeholders to define key questions, scope methodologies, and drive results. This role may, at times, be called upon to speak to prepared analyses internally and externally.
You will report to the Vice President, Data Integrations.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $119,200 - $156,450 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $107,280 - $140,805 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Responsible for communicating with external customers and internal teams to fully understand and triage data issues, serving as the first point of contract for production issues
- Ask questions to drive at the root cause and business impacts of issues that are raised surrounding our data
- Partner with engineering and data teams to find solutions to data issues within a complex system architecture that prioritize accuracy, customer satisfaction, and scalability
- Partner with business teams to articulate complex technical and data issues to non-technical colleagues, including packaging and presenting findings in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Recognize the need to enhance essential operational and analytical dashboards, and define the requirements to enhance them as our users’ needs evolve
- Identify opportunities to create models and tools that streamline processes and overall drive efficiencies within the organization
- Collaborate across the organization, including owning stakeholder relationships with internal and external leaders, to identify actions to achieve improvements and monitor initiative impact
- Support other strategic projects as assigned to meet business needs
- Can lead a team of data analysts
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of technical work experience using analytical tools and writing analytical reports
- 4+ years in a client-facing role with experience managing issues externally
- 2+ years demonstrated ability to work with large datasets and distill analyses into relevant insights with a structured and systematic thought process
- 5+ examples/projects of strong communication skills, verbal and written, around business reporting impact and requirements
- 2+ years experience in SQL, with the ability to filter, aggregate, and build CTEs, or proficiency in R or Python, including experience with Pandas, for loops, and statistical tests
- 1+ years experience, including proficiency in Google Sheets or Excel skills, with ability to use VLookup, nested if statements and connected Sheets
- 1+ years experience in healthcare, finance or the insurance industry
- 2+ years experience in preparing healthcare analytics, reporting, and data management
- Experience with ticketing system (such as Jira)
- 2+ years experience developing dashboards and working with Looker, or other business intelligence/data visualization tools
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.