Manager, Process Optimization
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Manager, Process Optimization to join our Market P&L team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Manager, Process Optimization works closely with a cross functional team of leaders, project managers, and Business Stakeholders to solve business problems related to internal processes. You will be responsible for identifying critical processes to the business, defining the business' requirements, process mapping and assessing the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process, developing new or reengineering existing processes, and supporting implementation. The Manager, Process Optimization supports our teams in driving a best-in-class, service-focused operation by designing and guiding the use of operational frameworks and ideologies.
You will report to the Director, North East Market P&L.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our New York office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $108,000 - $141,750 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Be the example of the continuous improvement mindset, providing effective direction and influence, while demonstrating actual results of organizational behavior change in this area
- Demonstrate the proper approach with implementation of Continuous Improvement Tools both internal to the organization and aligned to industry standards and best practices
- Partner cross functionally with various leaders in all areas of the business to support the drive towards core operational improvements
- Utilize and implement programmatic frameworks and tools while adjusting your approach based on measured outcomes across simultaneous operating improvement projects
- Creating and sustaining foundational stability and ensuring scalability within your area of responsibility
- Use process improvement best practices, such and Lean and Six Sigma principles, to engineer/reengineer and implement consistent organizational processes and clear engagement models
- Provide clear context, in the form of Product Requirements Documents (PRDs), process maps, standard operating procedures and policy documents on what is being built and why it's being built.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree or 4+ years commensurate experience
- 4+ years of work experience in operations, health insurance, data analysis, engineering and/or consulting
- 3+ years of experience using data software such as Excel, SQL, Python or other data analytics tools
- 3+ years of experience with end to end project management
- 3+ years of experience in designing and improving workflows as well as standing up accompanying operating and technical procedures
- 3+ years of experience with process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma and/or Theory of constraints
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or other related field
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or higher
- Up to 40% a month
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.