Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Appian Developer to join our Appian Development team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Appian Developer delivers and supports several internal apps on the Appian platform for Oscar. This role builds robust Business Process Management (BPM) tooling to support the scaling of the Appian platform. The role develops and rolls out moderately complex apps on the Appian platform, which will transform the business teams by reducing processing times, connecting teams across the organization, and enforcing rigid escalation and approval processes. This job supports all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and production support of applications.
You will report to the Lead Appian Developer.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $98,400 - $129,150 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, company equity grants, and annual performance bonuses.
- Develop, test, and deploy applications on the Appian platform
- Create, maintain, and update applications in accordance with Appian best practices
- Stay up to date with the latest Appian features and implement them as necessary
- Create thorough technical documentation to outline key decisions and implementation strategies for new features
- Assess user requirements and communicate feasibility of implementation with business and technical stakeholders
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience with production app delivery on Appian’s platform
- Appian Associate Developer Certification or higher
- 1+ years of experience with Appian SAIL, Records, Process Models, Integrations, and UI’s
- 1+ years of experience working with databases (such as MySQL) and moderately complex data structures
- 1+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 1+ years of experience writing custom code within Appian to support intricate business processes
- 1+ years of experience with UX design and information architecture
- Experience with Appian’s automation and data fabric tools
- Experience with organizing and executing complex deployments
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.