Associate Director, Payroll and Accounts Payable
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Director, Payroll and Accounts Payable to join our Finance team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Associate Director, Payroll and Accounts Payable is an important contact for senior leaders across the enterprise. As a strategic partner, you will manage, mature, and scale the Payroll and Accounts Payable functions. You will oversee the accurate processing of payroll while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. It is also responsible for overseeing invoice processing and payments, accounting reconciliation, 1099 reporting, and Travel and Expense (T&E) management.
You will report to the SVP, Accounting.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our New York City office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $131,200 - $172,200 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Directs aspects of centralized finance services for our organization, including Payroll, Accounts Payable, and T&E
- Assess talent and processes for improvement opportunities, offering recommendations for improvements and implementing new processes or changes to systems to support our goals
- Oversee relevant financial system applications
- Deliver financial operations outputs
- Grow and report KPIs
- Ensure clear communications and hand-offs with all partners
- Develop internal controls, policies and related procedures
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience including leadership experience in Shared Services, Accounting Operations, or related fields.
- 7+ years of in depth experience with payroll and accounts payable.
- 5+ years of experience leading transformational work, including redesigning processes and building teams
- 5+ years of experience in a public company including equity transactions
- 5+ years of experience managing vendors and working with outsourcing providers
- Experience with financial systems such as Workday, Tipalti, Concur, and OneSource
- Healthcare or insurance industry experience
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.