Operations Planning Associate
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Operations Planning Associate to join our Operational Strategic Planning team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Oscar Health is looking for a Senior Associate to support our modeling and forecasting efforts in the Production Operations team. Key responsibilities include building detailed operations forecast models, maintaining and updating existing models in partnership with stakeholder teams, parlaying forecasts to headcount plans and financials, and functioning as a key resource for operational planning. You will make a tangible impact at Oscar by ensuring that the Operations team is well prepared to meet the demands of the business and our strategic and financial objectives.
You will report to the Director of Operational Strategic Planning.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $98,000 - $129,000 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $88,000 - $116,000 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Build and maintain detailed operational forecasts - for volumetric demand & resourcing needs - and subsequently support leadership in generating budget estimates based on the forecast
- Work with stakeholder teams to ensure forecast models align with business objectives, changes
- Work with data teams to source required data and refine as needed for analyses
- Learn the business and support periodic planning discussions with business stakeholders
- Learn and use tools and data platforms relevant to the role (such as Workday, Jira, BigQuery, Looker, etc.)
- Use business acumen and analytical experience to work through ambiguity
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks effectively and deliver professional & high-quality work promptly
- Collaborate with team members and be a trusted advisor to leaders & stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience in financial / operational / business analysis or similar roles
- 2+ years of experience using SQL to retrieve, transform and combine data sets
- Experience building operational or financial models in Excel
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in a related field
- Experience with Tableau / Power BI / Sisense etc
- Experience in the healthcare industry
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.