Associate Product Manager, Broker Compensation
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Product Manager, Broker Compensation to join our Product team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Oscar Product is a fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, and optimizing internal operations and processes. Powered by this differentiated full stack technology platform, we have built a suite of services that enable us to earn our members’ trust, leverage the power of personalized data, and help our members find quality care they can afford.
As an Associate Product Manager on the Broker Compensation team, you will play a key role in defining and delivering the technology that powers our compensation platform. This includes leading the technology roadmap for this domain across all lines of business and partnering closely with our business and operations stakeholders to execute on strategic opportunities.
You will report to a Group Product Manager.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our New York City office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $119,200 - $156,450 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Demonstrate an understanding of company strategy and leverage that expertise to inform strategy, roadmap and decision making. Execute on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for product investments that power our technology.
- Make technology and processes recommendations for improvements to stakeholder leads and product leadership.
- Where applicable and possible, challenge current technology and processes with the intent of implementing changes that solve business problems more efficiently.
- Help to define KPIs to measure business and operational impacts, and relentlessly identify improvements.
- Independently articulate crisp and thorough requirements, diagnose and resolve issues and clearly communicate across stakeholders, incorporating data and user research insights.
- Collaborate effectively with engineers, data scientists, designers and other product managers to ship innovative functionality that advances our member experience and makes our tools more efficient.
- Work closely with our design and research teams to gather insights on our member’s evolving needs and use those insights to iterate on our strategy.
- Problem solve issues across teams to quickly diagnose root cause and move to resolution factoring in trade-offs on speed, scalability and quality.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of relevant working experience.
- 2+ years of experiencing working cross-functionally with engineering teams with 1+ years of experience partnering with engineers in a Product Management or Product Management- adjacent role.
- Comfortable with tech systems and understand basic technology infrastructure such as backend services, database relationships, and leveraging database tools such as SQL.
- Proficiency with SQL
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.