Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate, Optimization to join our Member Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Members of the Optimization team drive efficiencies and processes that improve the experiences of our members and providers.
As an Associate within our Optimization team, you will work with multiple teams to further improve the success and optimization of Oscar's operations. You will ensure operational success on departments important to Oscar by breaking down complex problems, driving the development of process improvements, and facilitating support where needed to ensure sustainable solutions.
You will work with internal Oscar teams ranging from clinical, operations, legal, and technical teams.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Member Optimization.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $96,000 - $126,000 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $86,400 - $113,400 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Manage projects through all phases of the lifecycle including project initiation, requirements, implementation and post implementation review
- Define and control project scope, develop project plan and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), drive project execution and evaluate KPI impact following completion
- Partner with project stakeholders to determine requirements, secure approvals, establish status reports, develop communication plans and create management presentations
- Monitor the status of specific project dependencies related to the project incorporating such constraints into the plan.
- Identify and mitigate risks to successful project completion
- Facilitate root cause analysis for process deficiencies and develop recommended solutions
- Ensure that communication plans are documented in Project Management Information System
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of work experience in health insurance and operations
- Experience coordinating with teams and external partners
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
- Experience designing and improving workflows and standing up operating procedures to mirror those
- Healthcare experience (Health Insurance, Health Systems, Healthcare Consulting)
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years commensurate experience
- Lean/Six Sigma Certifications
- PMP Certifications or Program Management Certifications
- Complaints, Grievances and Appeals experience
- Experience defining tech requirements and partnering with tech teams to drive toward execution
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?