Associate P&L, Tennessee
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Associate P&L, Tennessee to join our Southeast Sales team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
This role is responsible for supporting Individual (ACA) membership growth and management through Oscar’s system, IPA, and provider partnerships. This is done by executing the local network strategy and ensuring providers across our service area have the information and support they need to provide best-in-class member care and drive quality outcomes.
You will report to the Associate Director - TN and GA.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $96,000 - $126,000 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $86,400- $113,400 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Be the hospital and physician contract subject matter expert for your geographies and deals. Be audible-ready on the network construction, competitive landscape, contract terms (e.g. rates), regulatory mandates and how these aspects impact our overall growth, profitability, and risk your markets.
- Own provider contracting and support hospital contracting, execution, and relationship management for a range of provider partners--from small provider groups to large independent physician associations and hospitals.
- Drive the development of a network construction plan by analyzing network gaps, research providers to bring in-network, and identify new partnership and market opportunities.
- Work with Market P/L team and internal stakeholders to collaboratively identify and prioritize key business strategies to help us achieve market goals
- Analyze and assess single-case agreement data to build actionable processes and contracting opportunities to improve in- network utilization within an assigned market.
- Run the face-off-strategy with identified provider partners, including managing relationships, supporting optimization of the contract / partnership, and serving as the point of escalation for P&L responsibilities (settlements, contract negotiations / renegotiations, PR / operational escalations).
- Build and leverage existing in-market relationships to grow Oscar’s network and develop favorable relationships with in-network providers.
- A bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in payer or provider healthcare contracting, healthcare finance, performance management, healthcare operations, consulting, or a related field
- Experience in process improvement and workflow design
- Experience running financial analyses on a markets or product lines, and working cross-functionally to drive improvement opportunities and increase growth and profitability
- ACA marketplace, quality of care, and population health experience
- Prior experience in a consulting or consulting-like role
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?