Senior Software Engineer II, Full-Stack
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Software Engineer II, Full-Stack to join our Engineering team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About this role:
As a Senior Software Engineer II, you'll join a tight knit, passionate team, and lead the designs of Oscar's next generation of complex, feature rich, business services, data pipelines and architecture, and scalable infrastructure. You'll mentor engineers to help them design for stability, performance, and scalability across services or clients.
We take pride in our efforts (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our ambition (frequency == everyday).
You will report into our Senior Engineering Manager.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $173,040- $227,115 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, company equity grants, and annual performance bonuses.
What we’re doing:
- A search engine that connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A platform to securely, and automatically makes electronic payments to providers.
- A pipeline to process and provide versatile and quality data to support the business
- A system to price and adjudicate claims in real-time with startling accuracy.
- A generalized platform to communicate with people through multiple channels, including email, snail mail, push notifications, and SMS.
- Become the expert on your team's business and technical domains.
- Lead the planning, execution and release of complex technical projects.
- Work with partners, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve technology and apply best practices.
- Implement step-wise technical migrations of our existing services and applications.
- Grow the team by attracting, onboarding, and coaching new/junior engineers
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working with a variety of technologies, and have increasingly impactful accomplishments
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You have experience proposing, experimenting, and iterating, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You have experience with technical contributions, improving the quality of what you create, and are excited to build fault-tolerant, and scalable software systems.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is an essential ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.