Technical Customer Support - Quality Manager
The Technical Customer Support - Quality Manager is responsible for supervising and coaching associate roles as well as providing customer support, troubleshooting, Quality Engineering, testing, and servicing for the Ori product line. The TCS-QM will oversee data collection, reporting, and monitoring of product performance, returns, and other quality objectives. This individual will be involved with the implementation of appropriate systems, policies and procedures to ensure quality and compliance and proactively develop improved processes. The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer who thrives on continuous improvement with the ability to relay and instill best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continually optimizing and redefining support infrastructure and mechanisms
- Conducting deep-dive issue investigations and root cause analysis
- Reviewing and approving case and RCA reports; taking the lead on assigned CAPA projects
- Contributing to technical corrective actions
- Facilitating tracking and expediting products through service and repair
- Serving as a hands-on manager; leading completion of tasks listed below as well as assisting with the workload:
- Managing incoming communications and answering support calls
- Scheduling and leading support and troubleshooting for Ori product lines
- Conducting data analysis and generating reports
- Receiving, packaging, and shipping RMAs
- Performing testing while precisely following detailed instructions for repair
- Managing, tracking, and reporting Support KPIs to senior leadership
- Serving as the first line of defense for customer reported/requested service incidents
- Managing open service cases and ensuring they are executed to the service level agreements (SLAs)
- Assisting in development of documentation for test procedures and instructions
- Supporting triage and execution of safety incident response mechanisms
- At least 3 years' Customer Support and Engineering Management experience with the ability to learn new skills and adapt to a small team
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience working with electromechanical systems, including software/firmware
- Excellent written/verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize
- Ability to meet deadlines with specified time constraints
- Works well independently and in teams
- Attention to detail and ability to follow written instructions
- Demonstrated prior experience developing test plans and documentation
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Google Workspace applications and Microsoft Office applications and web-based remote communication tools
This role can be based in MA (Ori's preference), NY, TX or CA and will require upwards of 50% travel.
Ori is a space efficiency company. Launched out of the MIT Media Lab in order to respond to the challenges of urban density, Ori designs spaces that are more flexible, sustainable, affordable and desirable. We have developed technology and design systems and products that create intelligent and responsive spaces. Our goal is to empower people to live large in a smaller footprint. We are tackling a big, complex problem. But we are an intrepid group with shared values focused on a mission to vastly improve urban living both in terms of experience, affordability and sustainability. We all share the audacious belief that through creativity, ingenuity and perseverance we can bend the arc of an industry to improve lives.
Ori derives its name from origami, the Japanese art of folding paper to create beautiful and remarkable objects that take many kinds of forms with elegance and beauty. For more information, please visit www.oriliving.com.
Ori is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law.