Director of Engineering
About the Team
Join our dynamic team at Opendoor as the Director of Engineering for the Homes and Co-pilots organization! In this role, you will spearhead the development of platforms and product features that fuel Opendoor's extensive inventory of homes. The Homes and Co-pilots team is dedicated to facilitating Opendoor's core buying and selling business by ensuring that homes are maintained, safe, and improved to market standards. The team will also ensure robust data collection is performed so that we can make the best decisions for our customers and business on each and every home throughout its lifecycle. Be a key player in revolutionizing the future for the Real Estate industry. Your customers are users that interact with Opendoor homes to maintain, upgrade and keep it safe - Opendoor HPMs, Centralized Operations, Trust and Safety, and External Vendor Relations teams to ensure seamless integration and excellence in our endeavors.
In 2024, we are embarking on an exciting exploration of leveraging vision technology to streamline and automate high-judgment tasks. As the leader in this initiative, you will play a pivotal role in guiding a team of innovative and talented engineers across the United States and India.Your focus will be driving rapid yet enduring progress across a spectrum of AI projects. These projects will involve the utilization of existing home inspection models or generic models, marking a significant stride toward the future of excellent processes. Join us in pushing the boundaries of what's possible with visionary technology and contribute to groundbreaking advancements in our field.
- Set the long-term vision technical direction and strategy of the Homes and Co-pilots organization
- Collaborate closely with the Product, Design and Operations team during OKR planning and monthly review
- Guide product and ops teams to employ the latest tech for problems in the Homes domain
- Champion quality and reliability of our software and services
- Hire, retain, and inspire engineers in your organization
- Manage remote teams in US, CA and India time zones
- Expected to travel to our offices in PHX, SFO, SEA or ATL for team off-site and quarterly reviews
- Passion for managing talented engineers in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years managing other managers with 12+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Experience building distributed systems
- Experience with architectural patterns of large applications
- Proven track record of leading productive engineering teams and shipping products
- Instituted consistent cultural choices that positively impact all of engineering
- A bias towards action and an iterative approach to problem solving
- A high level of organization and the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
OD Remote - Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The pay range for most locations in the US is $228,000 - $384,000 annually. In the SF Bay Area of California, Seattle, and New York City Metro area the base salary range is $284,000 - $426,000. Pay within the range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process. We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.