Senior Engineering Manager - Identity & Access Management (Hyderabad)
This position is located in Hyderabad. We are open to consider candidates for relocation.
About the Team
The Security Development team builds and maintains critical security services such as Detection and Response Automation, Secrets Management, and Identity and Access Management. We provide the necessary libraries, frameworks, and services to help our engineers build securely.
As a Manager of Security Development, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of critical security system development, deployment, and maintenance by leveraging engineering and security best practices. This includes collaborating, leading, and presenting on design, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and testing. You will be charged with maintaining strict quality and stability standards. As a member of Security you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Product, Security Operations, GRC, and IT teams.
As a manager of the Security Development team you will:
- Manage the engineers who are responsible for designing and implementing authentication and authorization services for the IAM platform
- Oversee IAM platform design across documentation, services, tools, frameworks, and processes.
- Ensure software system quality through effective software development strategy, processes, and metrics
- Ensure system monitoring and stability of the team's existing services
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Security, and IT stakeholders to design and implement solutions that balance requirements
- Represent the team in planning, product, and prioritization activities from quarterly goals to annual roadmaps
- Develop, coach, and grow software engineers
- Represent Opendoor Security within the industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- 8+ years in the field of software engineering with experience of building new backend services in a high-level programming language (e.g., Golang, Python), with 3+ as a leader..
- Deep understanding and experience implementing authentication and authorization services to a standard such as OAuth2, OpenID Connect (OIDC), or SAML.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a diverse security team.
- In-depth knowledge of Engineering and Security best practices, standards, and frameworks.
- Ability to communicate complex topics in an effective and concise manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- A sense of ownership in what you ship.
- Preference towards automating busy work in testing, workflows, and operations tasks.
Bonus points if
- Experience building microservice-oriented architectures on a Cloud computing platform (e.g., AWS EKS, GKE, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code / Platform-as-a-Service (e.g., Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Passion for automation, instrumentation, and testing
- Love for security at work and outside of work. As shown by: presenting at a known security conference, contributing to or creating open source security tools, contributing to the security community in general, etc.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
#LI-NR2 , #LI-Hybrid