Senior Marketing Manager, Direct Mail
About the Team
The Opendoor marketing team is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager role who can drive ambitious growth goals for Opendoor. The role will have a particular focus on Opendoor’s rapidly growing Direct Mail program. We are looking for a full-stack marketer with strength in data and analytics and Direct Mail strategy expertise. Our ideal candidate is rooted in data analytics, strategic critical thinking and complex problem solving. You can seamlessly move from strategy to execution, managing large scale investments, and owning targeting, creative and budget management. You can independently run and operate a channel strategy with proven experience managing paid channels across a dynamic funnel. We’re looking for a team player who can wear multiple hats, and act from ownership to drive growth. This role reports to a Direct Response Paid Media Lead, and sits within a team of experienced leaders across Media, Creative, Marketing Strategy and Lifecycle Marketing.
- Direct Mail Strategy: From inception to launch, you will lead the Direct Mail Channel, partnering closely with Marketing Channel Managers, Finance, Ops, Engineering and Design. Direct Mail Strategy will focus on managing the entire mail flow from creative concepting and design to data pipeline management, production and mailing, including all performance analysis and reporting
- Direct Mail Channel Management: Design and execute direct mail marketing campaigns, coordinating with internal partners and external agencies to develop new programs that drive incremental growth Leverage creative, targeting and data strategies to scale channels to new heights. Launch new campaigns, monitor performance, and deploy channel optimizations rooted in data and business insights. Work with data scientists to refine targeting and lead scoring efforts
- Partner Management: Fully manage Direct Mail partner relationships, including managing a large and rapidly growing budget with our DM partners.
- Channels Beyond Direct Mail: Standup and design new channel strategies that drive incremental growth, beyond Direct Mail.
- Experimentation Strategy: Partner with Marketing and Data Science to establish an experimentation roadmap that is consistent, hypothesis-driven, and ensures robust tracking and measurement. Work with product managers, designers and copywriters to design and test new mailpieces
- Stand up analytics and reporting for your initiatives: Set up reporting that tracks performance of new initiatives you launch. As initiatives grow, they will get incorporated into team level reports. You understand the nuances and complexities of data but act as a simplifier, realizing that data and insights are only powerful if they drive action. Develop reports, dashboards and performance insights for presentation to senior management.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in performance marketing, growth.
- Proven experience in Direct Mail Channel Management, end to end.
- Channel management experience in at least one advertising platform, managing performance to drive results.
- Proven data analytics expertise. Must be self-sufficient in pulling data, creating reports and owning performance management of your campaigns. SQL, Excel/Google Sheets and dashboarding (e.g. Mode, Tableau) knowledge is required. You must be able to pull data and map, segment and analyze patterns and trends. Must have comfort with understanding data pipelines.
- Strategic critical thinker and problem solver. You can be given an open-ended problem and structure and develop an action plan with limited direction.
- You must have an ownership mentality and collaborative working style.
- You are a strong project manager, successfully moving from inception to execution. This is enabled by your strong communication skills, organization, time management and ability to multitask. You have experience managing holistic cross-channel marketing projects tied to business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments (Marketing, Data Science, Engineering, Product, Design)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced and high growth environment
Bonus Points if:
- Real Estate industry experience
- Client and agency side experience
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington, and New Jersey is $128,000 - $176,000/yr, and in California and New York City is $144,000 - $198,000/yr. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.