Sr Manager, Cyber Security Operations
About the Team
The Security Operations team at Opendoor focuses on identifying and protecting assets, detecting anomalies and attacks, responding to compromise, and recovering from asset compromise in order to return the business to a steady state. The scope of the Security Operations team includes Application Security, Detection Operations, Incident Response, Infrastructure Security, Penetration Testing, and Threat Intelligence.
As the Manager of Security Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of Application Security, Detection Operations, Incident Response, Infrastructure Security, Penetration Testing, and Threat Intelligence. Your primary focus will be to develop and/or maintain existing strategies, policies, and procedures to prevent harm to Opendoor assets and customers, respond to risk and enable the business and inform decisions. As a member of Security you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including people, legal, finance, operations, and technology teams to drive a culture of security awareness across the organization.
- Managing the engineers who are responsible for securing in house developed application software, infrastructure, endpoint and enterprise systems
- Building and growing the team
- Develop, coach and grow security engineers
- Represent the team in planning and product decisions
- Implement effective security strategy, processes and metrics
- Represent Opendoor security within the industry
- Guide implementation of security tooling across application, cloud infrastructure, and endpoints to monitor and protect Opendoor assets
- Work with leadership to prioritize work and define quarterly goals and annual roadmaps
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field; relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA) are a plus.
- Proven experience (5 years) in security operations, incident response, application security with 2+ as a security leader
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a diverse security team.
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices, standards, and frameworks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing security policies, procedures, monitoring and incident response plans.
- Experience with security tools such as SIEM, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanners, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements related to security and data protection.
Bonus points if
- An understanding of the value of usability and buy-in when it comes to security policy and practices
- A love of instrumentation
- Passion for automation
- Love for security at work and outside of work. As shown by: presenting at a known security conference, contributing to or creating open source security tools, contributing to the security community in general, etc.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.