Staff Data Engineer, Open Exchange
About the Team
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Enterprise business unit with Opendoor aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners. The Open Exchange team is building a modern platform for transactions, offering a wide range of services such as brokerage and title.
As a Senior Data Engineer on Open Exchange, you will be responsible for building customer-facing data products in partnership with our data science and product teams. This is a rare opportunity where your data engineering output will be the shipped product and not just an internal resource. Our customers are businesses operating in the single-family home market and our goal is to provide them with high quality data to inform underwriting, leasing, vendor management, and more. We’re a small team dedicated to quality engineering and are looking for a technical leader to help us build our first products and establish best practices.
- Architect durable data models with intuitive representations of residential real estate
- Design graceful and reliable workflows to generate data assets
- Inform the overall architecture of our data platform
- Establish standards and best practices for data engineering
- Become a domain expert in real estate
- 6+ years of experience working in data engineering or software engineering
- Expertise in data architecture, data modeling, and building data pipelines at scale
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, and/or Spark
- Expertise in cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- Experience scheduling and operating batch data processing workflows
Bonus points if you have worked with:
- Geospatial data processing
- Airflow, Prefect, Dagster, or a similar orchestration system
- Experience with Inmon, Kimball, or Data Vault data modeling techniques
- Real estate or financial services
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The pay range for most locations in the US is $148,000 - $246,000 annually. In the SF Bay Area of California, Seattle, and New York City Metro area the base salary range is $184,000 - $276,000. Pay within the range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process. We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.