Senior Front-End Engineer, New Initiative
About the Team
The Exclusives team is an early-stage, zero-to-one startup within Opendoor focused on building a revolutionary new way for our customers to buy and sell their home. This is a very unique opportunity to experience the speed, excitement, and ownership of a startup, with all the support and resources of a larger company like Opendoor.
The Exclusives team is looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer to help lead the development of the Exclusives product. In addition to working with products to plan and build out the user experience, we’re looking for someone to bring their startup mentality to set and drive a vision for frontend development on the team.
- Work with product and design on our users’ biggest problems to brainstorm solutions, build prototypes, and release new features in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Working alongside other engineers, you’ll engage in code reviews, mentor other developers, and help set the standards for frontend engineering on Exclusives.
- Investigate and propose new technologies and libraries that help the team deliver value to our users faster and more reliably.
- Work closely with our operations team to identify ways that technology can remove friction and allow them to more efficiently help our customers.
- 6+ years building and delivering high quality, user-centered software solutions
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Knowledge of responsive design principles and mobile-first development
- Experience and desire to operate in an early-stage, fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Excellent communication skills. Clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team and drive changes across the business
Remote - Remote roles in Canada are only available in British Columbia and Ontario.