Senior Software Engineer, Open Exchange
About the Team
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. Open Exchange aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners. Our team is building a modern platform for transactions, offering a wide range of services such as brokerage and title.
Each local government independently designs, administers, and collects what, in aggregate, is the largest single source of revenue for American local governments – property taxes. The result is a patchwork of more than 20,000 unique property tax regimes — a regulatory and compliance nightmare for institutional real estate operators and enterprises with large real estate footprints.
We built TaxProper to solve this problem. The Open Exchange team builds products that help institutional and enterprise customers manage their property taxes. Our product abstracts away all of the messiness of our property tax system for our customers. As a member of the enterprise team, you’ll help build our property tax data product and property tax payments product.
- Contributing to all phases of product development including ideation, prototyping, and implementation
- Building frontend product experiences and backend services, both from scratch and evolving existing systems
- Partnering with product managers, designers, and operators to identify and solve customer pain points
- Hiring and mentoring other engineers on the Open Exchange and TaxProper team
- A track record of approximately 5+ years building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent communication skills — clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team
- Demonstrated frontend and backend engineering fundamentals — we don’t require knowledge of specific languages or technologies; instead we value transferable experience writing code, system design and scaling existing products.
- A strong sense of ownership and customer empathy — we work very closely with our internal and external customers, and maintaining positive working relationships with them is paramount to the success of our business
Bonus Points if:
- Previous startup experience
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The pay range for most locations in the US is $148,000 - 246,000 annually. In the SF Bay Area of California, Seattle, and New York City Metro area the base salary range is $184,000 - $276,000. Pay within the range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process. We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.