Senior Tax Analyst
About the Team
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Tax Analyst to join our in-house Tax team. This role will focus on, preparing tax workpapers and calculations for various tax work streams including indirect and direct taxes, responding to correspondence from tax agencies, and assisting with the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions and other ad hoc projects as needed. This role will report to our Tax Manager.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a lean team and make an immediate impact. You will work on various tax specialties not limited to direct, indirect, etc. building a unique breadth of tax exposure. We are a publicly traded company with a high-growth and fast-paced environment and we're excited to hear from you!
- Prepare supporting workbooks and tax calculations for direct & indirect tax compliance
- Prepare and review corporate, property, and other tax returns, ensuring accuracy and timely submission
- Assist with tax planning, research, and analysis to optimize tax strategies and minimize tax liabilities
- Prepare journal entries, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, and other month-end activities related to tax as necessary
- Be an active contributor to maintain and update processes for tracking tax notices from various jurisdictions, including following up up on tax authority correspondence and bring to timely resolution
- Monitor tax law changes and provide recommendations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Leverage data automation tools, specifically Alteryx, to streamline tax processes, analyze large datasets, and create tax models
- Prepare documentation related to SOX quarterly and annual controls
- Prepare supporting workbooks for the quarterly and annual tax provisions under ASC 740, including relevant financial statement footnote disclosures
- Perform ad-hoc tax projects and other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. A Master's degree in Taxation or an equivalent qualification (e.g., CA, CPA, ACCA) is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in tax accounting, with at least 2 years in a senior role.
- Proficient in various tax areas, including corporate tax, property tax, indirect tax, and international tax
- Strong expertise in data automation tools, specifically Alteryx, with a proven track record of using these tools to streamline tax processes and analyze large datasets
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members and external stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and accounting software such as Netsuite
- High level of ethics and integrity
In office roles require all role responsibilities to be performed in the office. Candidates must be based within a 25-kilometer commuting distance of the specified office location.
More About Us
Something looks off?