Accounting & Finance
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
We’re seeking an exceptional Senior Accountant to join our Accounting & Finance team to support our fast-growing business! This position will be located at our office in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Prepare month-end journal entries in NetSuite in accordance with U.S. GAAP for the following areas:
- Revenue and expenses associated with Opendoor's title and escrow business
- Intercompany transactions
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analyses
- Validating the title and escrow transactions closed or canceled in a specific month
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies by coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with Opendoor's financial statement audits and prepare PBCs
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to support Opendoor’s growing finance and business operations
- 3+ years of accounting experience at a publicly traded company or high growth private company
- Degree in Accounting with a solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a strong passion for improving complicated Excel workbooks with large data sets
- Desire to work in a fast growing, exciting and agile business
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism and motivation to get things done
- Effective remote worker with the ability to meet deadlines, independently manage time, self-motivate and collaborate with teammates in other locations
- Clear and concise communication skills
- A hardworking and intellectually curious mindset, to effectively problem solve in a dynamic environment
- NetSuite experience
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience working in a SOX control environment
- Basic understanding of SQL
In office roles require all role responsibilities to be performed in the office. Candidates must be based within a 25-kilometer commuting distance of the specified office location.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
See more open positions at Opendoor
Something looks off?