Security Engineer - Business Platforms
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Business Platform Security Engineer
Location: Spain or Poland
Information Security is a top business imperative at Okta. In addition to driving security in our corporate environment, the Business Technology (BT) team is deeply entrenched in the Okta business. We are an engineering-focused team that seeks to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
As part of Okta’s Enterprise Security team, you will act as a senior Engineer in our Business Platform Security team. Areas of responsibility include engineering, implementing, and maintaining effective methods to protect Okta’s Cloud applications. Today, this includes applications like Coupa, Salesforce, Netsuite, Coupa, Workday, Snowflake, and other SaaS and Cloud applications. You will act as the bridge between Okta’s Application Security team and Business Technology Engineering teams, to provide recommendations of operational and technical solutions to enable the business, accelerate application development, and maintain the security posture of our business applications.
The successful candidate will be an experienced engineer with strong communication skills with in-depth working experience with security frameworks of SaaS applications, integrations, and data flows. You will have prior experience working with security technologies in a high security environment, with a focus in Information Technology and Security.
- Provide hands-on technical and security subject matter expertise to BT Engineering & Data teams, across our SaaS application stack
- Partner with your peers in Product Security, Enterprise Security, Business Technology, and Business Operations to deliver creative solutions to achieve the goal of secure application support and delivery.
- Provide architectural review guidance for SaaS Application Owners to ensure security controls are met
- Provide support to the compliance audit and assessment efforts to include external third-party auditors with evidence collection and upload, auditor interview support, and auditor walk-throughs of policies, procedures, and related compliance and security documentation
- Responsible for complete and accurate technical documentation of security services and solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional technical teams to deliver creative solutions to complex global, technology challenges and business requirements.
- Secure inbound and outbound application data thru designed and approved Integrations
- Maintain and audit all integration security
- Support and Troubleshoot issues raised by the IAM team related to application access
- Support Data team and assist in administering data protection requirements to meet policy and security frameworks
- Keeping informed of emerging solutions and security capabilities and tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- You have at least 5 years of information technology and/or information security experience
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters a plus
- Current holder of CISSP, or other industry certifications a plus.
- Experience in SaaS Application Security, including experience with security principles, role-based security approach, and identity management practices
- Experience with API integrations and secure application integration and traffic flows
- Hands on experience designing, building, deploying, or administering complex application security
- Security experience related to concepts of least privilege, risk management, vulnerability management, identity and access management, access controls, and segmentation
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members in a geographic and culturally diverse workforce
- Ability to understand security risks versus business benefits and form a strong recommendation to cross-functional teams. You have a track record of successfully collaborating with technical and business teams to achieve deadline-driven milestones while demonstrating the ability to think critically and creatively, with analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are able to independently operate and take a proactive approach to your projects.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.