Senior Corporate New Business Account Executive
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Senior Corporate New Business Account Executive Opportunity
As a New Business Account Executive focused on new customer acquisition (300-1,249 employees), you will play a crucial role in expanding Okta’s market presence and driving growth. You will be responsible for identifying and engaging potential clients, effectively communicating the value of our identity and access management software solutions, and closing new business deals
What you’ll be doing:
- Engage with leads shared by marketing to understand new customer demands, and work with solution engineers to design relevant solutions
- Proactively drive your own top of funnel activity through Calls, Inmails, events, networking and other creative avenues always ensuring you have enough pipeline to hit your number.
- Generate self-sourced opportunities as well as partnering with Marketing,SDRs and Partners to win new logos.
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations to potential customers
- Develop and execute against an assigned quota and territory plan focusing purely on bringing in new customers
- Facilitate customer onboarding to new products sold and process sales orders
- Maintain new customer relationships until account is handed over to Customer Account Executive Team
- Maintain database of potential customers/opportunities to pursue
- Reporting on sales achievement and forecasts
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 2+ years experience selling to net new customers in a SaaS/Cloud B2B environment
- Proven track record acquiring new customers, including prospecting and identifying opportunities for growth (new logo focus)
- Experience using a sales framework such as MEDDICC, Challenger or Sandler (we use MEDDPICC)
- An understanding of selling in partnership with the channel ecosystem.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating effectively within the GTM ecosystem, including but not limited to: AEs, xDRs, SEs, RMs, CSMs, Partners
- Prior experience managing a territory based quota
- Confident presentation skills with the ability to run demos to C-level executives (decision makers)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Travel to customer sites at least once per month
- Other travel as needed for company events and team offsites
Preferred experience in any of the following:
- 3+ years demonstrated success selling to mid-sized and/or enterprise customers
- IT/Security sales experience
- Located near an Okta office hub or in region
- BS/BA degree
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.