Product Marketing Manager Intern (Summer 2024)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Location: Remote or In-Person (San Francisco)
We are seeking two highly motivated and detail-oriented Product Marketing Interns to join our team and support the go-to-market activities for Okta’s Product Marketing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing messaging, creating assets, and coordinating with cross-functional teams from Product Management, Sales, UX Research, and Marketing.
The Product Marketing Intern will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to create enablement content for sales reps, partners, and customers, as well as to assist in creating new content for the Okta website, including blog posts, case studies, and customer testimonials. This role will also include conducting market research and competitive analysis to inform product positioning and messaging.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support new product launches and releases, helping create sales assets, track success metrics, and enable our sales teams
- Help manage Okta's largest conference, Oktane, which includes content collection & development, event booth staffing, demo coordination, gathering customer use cases, and more
- Interview and bring to life customer use cases for on-stage presentations
- Partner with marketing, sales and cross-functional teams to create marketing assets that enable our sales teams to win
- Assist in conducting market research and competitive analysis to help marketing define go-to-market strategy
- Streamline and optimize Product Marketing operations with periodic content refreshes and tools management (Highspot, Google Slides, Asana, etc.)
Qualifications and required skills:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (Dec. 2024 or May/June 2025 graduate) with a background in Marketing, Business, Economics, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal, and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Passion for technology and interest in the intersection of marketing and product development. A big plus for those with Okta and/or Auth0 product familiarity.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and an entrepreneur mind-set.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in product marketing and help drive the success of Okta Product Marketing functions. If you are a self-starter with a passion for technology and marketing, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Okta’s Intern Program:
As a Product Marketing Intern, you’ll do real work that aligns with Okta’s vision and strategy and have an opportunity to experience what working at Okta is all about. You’ll have the support of your manager and a mentor to help you develop new skills, form cross-functional relationships, and contribute to high-value projects.
Our interns also have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and across the broader company. We want you to grow professionally, so in addition to your core internship, you’ll participate in intern-specific events like our Executive Speaker Series, and more.
We are offering 12 week internships in the U.S during the summer of 2024.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.