Product Marketing Manager - Identity Threat Detection & Response (ITDR)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The explosion of the cloud, hybrid work, and the ever-growing threat landscape are rapidly changing the security paradigm for IT and security professionals alike. Over the last decade, Identity has become critical infrastructure, and companies around the world rely on Okta to orchestrate and uphold their security posture, for every user across all systems and applications.
As a Product Marketing Manager for ITDR, you will play a critical role shaping the way enterprises defend against cybersecurity threats for years to come. You are passionate about Identity and security with an exceptional marketing and business acumen. You are a thought leader, a partner to the product management team, and an ally to our customers, advocating on their behalf - and always looking for scalable solutions to their most challenging security problems. You've got the versatility to demonstrate the power of our products for technical audiences, as well as articulate the business impact of our solutions to senior executives. In this role you will:
- Partner with product management. You’ll be their eyes and ears in the market, and you’ll build your knowledge in the security landscape to help shape product direction.
- Own messaging, positioning and content strategy to articulate how our products solve key customer problems and drive value for their businesses. You will enable fellow marketers to execute relevant campaigns and marketing programs.
- Work in lockstep with sales, marketing, and tech partnerships to understand key customer journeys to drive product adoption and grow customer lifetime value.
Drive sales readiness: Equip Okta sellers with the knowledge and resources they need to demonstrate the value of our offerings at every step of the purchase cycle; to convert prospects into successful Okta customers.Competitive Landscape: Be ahead of the fast-changing competitive landscape, become a trusted advisor to our competitive intelligence team, and drive proactive initiatives and campaigns to establish Okta’s differentiated position in the market.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of combined product management or product marketing experience, ideally in SaaS, IaaS, and/or security software.
- Knowledge of cyber security and an understanding of how different security technologies fit into a broader cyber security ecosystem.
- Track record developing compelling and differentiated messaging for large organizations with complex technology environments.
- Proven ability to engage with technical and business audiences alike, building empathy, understanding their unique challenges and motivations, and demonstrating the value of our products.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- A problem-solver mentality, comfortable managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- The passion and energy required to redefine a category
- Practitioner knowledge and/or experience in the security domain, or
- Practical experience with Identity solutions and selling Identity to security professionals
- Comfortable marketing to mix of analysts, IT and security audiences
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.