Director, North America Deal Strategy
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Deal Strategy Team
The Director, North America Deal Strategy Opportunity
Okta is seeking a world-class deal strategy leader to partner with the North America Go-To-Market teams to grow the business and close the best deals possible. The Director, North America Deal Strategy will set the strategy and direction with NA GTM leadership to help Okta scale to $4B+ through driving innovative approaches and operational excellence to help the field win.
This role requires strong cross functional executive collaboration and influence along with the ability to deal with ambiguity, come up with creative solutions and drive urgency with quarterly business cadence while transforming for scale. The person in this role will work across NA GTM leadership and cross-functional support teams such as Legal and Finance to determine the best deal structures as we ramp up the business.. In addition, this leader will work with the broader business planning team including P&P, Business Value and compete along with IT to support the successful rollout of new offers and programs to market.
As Okta rapidly launches new innovations and expands into new markets, this role is critical to our success. A successful leader in this role will have a combination of skills across deal strategy & management, customer negotiations, business value positioning, deal analytics, program management, communication, influencing and collaboration.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive deals management strategies that will help Okta scale to $4B+ in revenue.
- Work closely with leaders in the GTM teams to craft deal proposals while evaluating and applying new buying programs, business models and monetization strategies.
- Gather GTM team feedback on deal quality and velocity improvement proposals.
- Provide well-reasoned deal structuring guidelines and optimization recommendations to GTM leaders across the organization and the executive team.
- Govern commercial terms and non-standard approvals.
- Define and evaluate Key Performance Indicators to track the impact of deal strategies and guidelines.
- Support customer facing discussions (where appropriate) to help sales win business.
- SME support for deal enablement and training content for the sales team to help best position deal commercial terms and conditions with customers.
- Provide targeted in-deal support to the sales team to assist in strategic precedent setting opportunities.
- Coach and develop team members to allow for further scale and optimization while setting priorities to maximize the team's impact.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 10+ years of experience in a sales support role, inclusive of a minimum of 7 years in a deal strategy role, preferably at a SaaS or enterprise software company.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct people management experience.
- Ability to quickly grasp new product and business model concepts, consistently apply critical and structured thinking to new areas.
- Action-oriented to solve problems and get a lot done in short timeframes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving complex, cross-functional execution.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.