Manager, Education Services
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Manager, Education Services Opportunity
Reporting to the VP of Professional Services GTM the Manager, Education (EDU) Services is responsible for supporting the sales of Okta Education Services and leading the team of instructors who deliver Okta training. We are looking for an experienced person who can:
- Support License Sales, Services Sales, and Partners in positioning the value and executing sales of Okta’s EDU offerings (both ILT and on-demand) during sales cycles.
- Manage the delivery of Okta instructor-led training (ILT) classes.
- Work closely with the Expert Acceleration team to continually improve training content.
- Improve the quality and consistency of ILT classes across Okta and partner instructors.
- Manage the team of Okta Staff Instructors.
The Manager, Education Services will have an EDU bookings and billings quota related to their duties. This quota is retired by all EDU bookings and billings (ILT and on-demand training) recognized globally.What you’ll be doing
- Support EDU sales with content that illustrates the value of training and guides customers to choose appropriate training paths based on roles and needs.
- Position EDU with prospective customers, make training recommendations and ensure appropriate training is included in proposals and quotes.
- Assist in quoting, contracting, staffing, and project management processes for EDU sales and delivery.
- Develop and collaborate on go-to-market plans that incorporate paid EDU offerings.
- Collaborate with Expert Acceleration to review and improve class content and class makeup to keep up with product changes.
- Establish and manage internal efforts that improve the quality and consistency of ILT classes. This may include scripting, reviews, alternative delivery options, labs, etc.
- Manage the capacity of trainers to meet ILT class demands. This includes managing utilization of internal training staff and planning for partner trainers to augment capacity when needed.
- Track and forecast EDU billings for Services leadership.
- Promote career development of internal staff trainers.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Experience in supporting Professional Services or Education Solutions.
- Demonstrable experience delivering or supporting the delivery of ILT classes.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Experience tracking and improving education-related processes.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Strong presentation skills: Show the value of education offerings and the impact on customer identity implementation.
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate the value of education to the customer.
- Some knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- Project Management
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.