Corporate Customer Area Sales Director
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The ASD Opportunity
The Customer Area Sales Director of Corporate will lead a team of quota-carrying Customer Account Executives focused on medium size businesses (300-1,250 employees). The ASD will lead a team of highly motivated, professional, and energetic sales reps that take pride in running consultative sales processes and delivering our vision to a wide base of accounts across various industries.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a Corporate sales team and ensure quarterly revenue targets and monthly goals are achieved.
- Manage and optimize the team pipeline, ensuring that it is healthy, accurate, and up-to-date. Adopts consistent forecast management processes aligned to global standards, accurately and often communicating their forecasts to their leaders.
- Actively engage in territory planning and opportunity development.
- Build and maintain a high-impact team that drives value through diverse capabilities, a shared purpose or common goal, and an environment of trust and collaboration.
- Lead with curiosity by providing impactful, dynamic coaching and feedback to drive direct professional development and performance of each AE.
- Exemplify team selling and cross-functional collaboration by leveraging the full power of Okta and our partners, ensuring the customer achieves maximum value.
- Facilitate and influence decision-maker or executive-level customer conversations as necessary, using their economic, financial, product, integration/ISV architecture, and industry expertise to support and drive decision-making and deliver value.
- Identify new, innovative ways to improve processes and drive revenue growth, taking calculated risks and experiments with new strategies or tactics.
- Expertly communicate ideas, directives, and guidance to team members and the entire organization, with particular focus on providing clarity and distilling critical information amidst noise.
- Enforce operationally sound cadences and expectations, holding themselves, their team, and partners accountable.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years of experience in selling within the SaaS B2B space
- Proven track record of leading a team focused in prospecting and identifying opportunities for growth to secure new logos
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of quota-carrying SaaS sales professionals
- Ability to build trust and strong relationships with internal partners and ecosystem
- Strong customer-facing and presentation skills; executive-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred
Must be located in territory
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.