Product Owner- Federal
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Information Security is a top business imperative at Okta. In addition to driving security in our corporate environment, the Business Technology (BT) team is deeply entrenched in the Okta business. We are an engineering-focused team that seeks to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
We are looking for an experienced Federal Product Manager to drive Okta’s Federal program covering Okta’s Business Technology environment from end-user computing to cloud infrastructure and our SaaS providers that make our Federal environment tick. This role takes responsibility for the stable delivery of effective Business Technology FedRAMP services within the company as the end-to-end owner of a portfolio of Business Technology Federal services from strategy and planning to management and delivery.
Federal Product Manager is a strategic role who partners with the Federal CSO, Business Technology Federal team, Federal Engineering / Product Team, and the Okta’s Federal Operations team to ensure the effective FedRAMP design and operations focused in the Business Technology environment.
The successful candidate will be an experienced technical leader with strong communication skills with in-depth working experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework, FISMA, FedRAMP, and DoD IL4/IL5, and ISO experience background. You will have prior experience working with security technologies in a FedRAMP High environment focus in Information Technology and Security. Experience in evaluating a wide range of complex systems, and commercial IT products including Windows /AD, AWS, and Salesforce. Usage of the industry standard security tools, including Nessus, Splunk, Qualys, GitHub/GitLab, etc. Proven project management skills, with abilities to manage budget and staffing discussions. Comprehensive knowledge of IT Compliance framework and requirements, with primary focus on the US public sector. As a partner to the broader Okta Federal team, you will have experience influencing others concerning FedRAMP policies and standards and the know-how to balance Federal needs and user experience. You will also participate as part of Federal security incident response processes.
- You will be collaborating with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders, such as the Federal Engineering Team, Federal Operations, and Business Technology team & to build and drive multi-year roadmap
- Lead and manage Business Technology Fedramp program, including federal requirements gathering, documenting and planning.
- Be a FedRAMP subject matter expert (SME) and provide input to Business Technology and various business teams with regard to how FedRAMP compliance may impact product updates, SSP updates, or the underlying relevant processes.
- Provide support to the compliance audit and assessment efforts to include external third-party auditors with evidence collection and upload, auditor interview support, and auditor walk-throughs of policies, procedures, and related compliance and security documentation
- Provide support with creating, updating, and maintaining documentation for FedRAMP audit.
- Assist with performing and managing security impact analyses, reviewing access management controls, creating relevant training deployment to applicable users, and mapping technical implementation of changes to impacted NIST security controls.
- Work with the Business Technology team to execute continuous monitoring, including tracking and updating Business Technology Plan of Action and Milestones and ensuring timely reporting to our Agency partners.
- Collaborate with the Federal Operations team to perform timely and efficient communication with our agencies and the PMO.
- Facilitate and verify FedRAMP evidence and artifacts are created and uploaded according to FedRAMP continuous monitoring (ConMon) requirements.
- Assess the impact of new features and architectural changes to the Fedramp boundary and SSP.
- Guide technical teams on relevant NIST requirements and documentation update tasks
- Assist GRC team on other ad hoc important tasks when required
- Assesses and reviews FedRAMP Program and strategy effectiveness and develops reports and briefings for Business Technology leadership on FedRAMP Program and strategy gaps and weaknesses while also recommending solutions to enhance capabilities and address gaps.
- Assist in the development and tracking of metrics to ensure FedRAMP compliance.
- You have at least 8 years of information technology and/or information security experience
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters a plus
- You have at least 5 years of Product Owner experience, playing a critical role in the execution, requirements planning, tracking, delivery or audit of FedRAMP controls (FedRAMP-moderate or FedRAMP-high).
- Experience working with the internal and external audit teams to collect evidence for gap assessment preferred.
- You have expertise in building compliance and security framework, mapping business use cases and decomposing unstructured data into business and technical requirements.
- You have domain expertise in FedRAMP and DoD IL4 (Federal Risk Authorization Management Program), NIST SP 800-53 Rev 4, and NIST SP 800-37, ISO27001 frameworks
- You have a track record of successfully collaborating with technical and business teams to achieve deadline-driven milestones while demonstrating the ability to think critically and creatively, with analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are able to independently operate and take a proactive approach to your projects.
- You can mentor and coach the team on the Federal requirements, technical specifications and being able to explain to the team Federal requirements / controls in simple terms.
- Outstanding listener, great presenter, terrific interpersonal and communication skills with strong ability to influence other teams to get things done, with diplomacy and without formal authority.
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
The Customer Success Manager, Strategic Accounts is responsible for complementing Okta’s innovations, standard methodologies and capabilities with our valued customers’ business objectives and priorities thereby driving higher business value and executive alignment between Okta and our Strategic customers. You will be responsible for driving customer adoption and success by providing oversight, adoption recommendations, opportunities for greater service and risk management. You will perform routine health checks and assist with business value assessment to ensure our customers, the most return on investment from Okta. The success of this role means higher customer happiness, retention and expansion of Okta business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You'll be the primary point of contact post implementation. Assume overall customer adoption responsibility and critical issue management role.
- You develop a trusted advisor relationship with our customer partners and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure they are using the solution to achieve full business value.
- Partner with internal Okta partners to align account activities with the customer's business case and strategy.
- You will prepare and educate customers on new features and releases.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, provider recommendations based on risk and business needs.
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks. Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product.
- Work with the sales team to properly sell and position Success Services.
- You will be required to obtain Okta Professional and Admin certifications upon joining the organization.
- 6+ years of customer success experience in SaaS organization.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
- Experience in consulting and implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or identity management.
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and state of the art infrastructures.
- Specialized training on support, SAML, security preferred.
- 2+ years of application programming and system support experience is strongly preferred.
- Agreeable and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Deep understanding of Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information , Developing Standards, Help Desk, and Service Excellence methodologies and processes.
- Experience of SaaS vendors such as Box, Google Apps, NetSuite, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Workday preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required or Equivalent Experience.
- Available to travel up to 35%
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.