Strategic Account Executive
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The UKI Strategic Account Team
You'd be joining a team of 7 experienced sellers who target the largest multi-national organisations (over 20,000 employees or more). We're still in growth mode in our Strategic space having only formed this team 2 years ago. In that time they've managed to secure some big wins with some incredible clients which still have upsell and cross sell opportunities; however we plan on growing this space hugely in the coming years so we're looking for people who can deliver both whitespace land and expand but also expertly manage complex multi-million dollar opportunities.
As a Strategic Account Executive you will:
- Go to market as an expert on both our Workforce and Customer identity cloud offerings.
- Establish a vision and plan for the accounts assigned in your territory by using a tiered approach.
- Build thorough account plans detailing customer strategy, financials, pains, objectives and stakeholders.
- Proactively drive your own top of funnel activity through Inmails, events, networking and other creative avenues always ensuring you have enough pipeline to hit your number.
- Equally utilise Sales Development (SDR’s & BDR’s), Marketing and the Partner ecosystem to help find and win new logo opportunities.
- Leverage upsell and cross sell opportunities within your install base accounts to grow the success of your customers and Okta. Strategic Account Executives can expect 6-8 install base accounts + a number of whitespace opportunities.
- Adopt a strong value based sales approach; always looking to bring a compelling point of view to our customers.
- Develop trusted and long term advisory partnership with executives in your accounts, leveraging the Okta technology to support them in hitting their key strategic goals.
- Follow a MEDDPICC sales methodology to navigate complexity in the sales cycle and ensure you’re ahead of any obstacles to the deal closing.
- Build mutual action plans in partnership with your customers to create shared accountability.
- Partner with cross functional teams from Sales Development (SDR’s & BDR’s) to Channel & Alliances, Marketing, Pre-Sales, Solutions Architects, Legal, Deal Desk and more to ensure success for yourself and Okta.
- Leverage our Business Value team to show our customers their ROI and deliver effective messaging about the long term impact of the Okta solutions.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Expert level experience selling Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud technology into FTSE 500 organisations. Strategic at Okta means 20,000 + employees.
- Experience self sourcing your opportunities through a range of methods with a drive to win and grow new logos.
- Navigated long complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders from both the customer base and within your own company. Typical deal sizes you may have sold range from land and expand to $1m ARR +.
- Significant experience selling to both technical audiences such as CIO, CISO, CTO and the commercial personas such as Product, Marketing, HR, Operations etc.
- Expert using a Sales Framework such as MEDDICC, Challenger or Sandler (we use MEDDPICC)
- Significant experience selling in partnership with GSI’s & the wider partner ecosystem
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.