IT Asset Manager, Bengaluru
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Come join our growing team to deliver amazing technology experiences that fuel the vision of dynamic work for our employees. Technology experience is the guiding force of our work, and our IT Asset Manager will help ensure our employees have the tools they need to do their best work. From hardware management to software management, this key leader will drive the vision and strategy for the hardware and software lifecycle. You will collaborate with key team members to scale corporate wide governance processes globally and drive improvements. You will lead a dedicated international asset management team that provides operational excellence with a mindset of continuous improvement. In this role, you will bring your proven experience of managing , MSPs, vendors, shipping & receiving, and financial budgeting. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
Okta provides world class technologies and solutions by offering the best support & services. This IT Asset Manager will ensure the quality of hardware/software asset records within the Asset Management database are accurate. A successful IT Asset Manager must have a strong ability to procure assets, manage orders, while meeting and/or exceedings our service delivery standards. This IT Asset Manager will also lead a best in class asset lifecycle that is secure and scales globally. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in high pressure situations in a fast-paced environment.
Our goal is to make sure that our executive audience have an amazing technology experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the delivery, implementation, and evolution of our corporate wide governance process around IT hardware and software management lifecycle.
- Drive the vision and day to day logistics of all IT hardware and software asset management.
- Oversee daily hardware operations across multiple IT teams globally.
- Ensure IT hardware inventory meets & exceeds our standards, that we have efficient and scalable processes, and that our processes are followed as part of to complete daily operations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and key stakeholders/partners across the business to ensure consistency, clarity, and communication of processes.
- Manage, develop, and execute ITAM systems roadmap in partnership with our Service Management Team.
- Assist in the design and implementation of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) related processes like procurement & vendor management, change control etc.
- Participate in requirements gathering and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for ServiceNow ITAM feature releases, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Execute ITAM regression testing in support of ServiceNow platform upgrades.
- Ensure compliance standards are met and maintained, and participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture in software reconciliation reviews and audits..
- Proactively find opportunities in our framework to increase productivity and promote automation and enhancements.
- Establish KPIs and SLAs to monitor and manage performance for vendors and suppliers
- Manage IT asset inventory for both hardware/software and conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews.
- Partner with Finance and Procurement to accurately plan, execute budget, and find opportunities to minimize spend.
- Lead a global team of IT inventory specialists and inspire them to continue to grow and do their best work
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or certification in related field
- 6+ years experience in IT Asset Management
- 5+ years experience with ServiceNow ITAM or similar
- Demonstrated in ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and execute
- 5+ years experience with Product Lifecycle Management
- 5+ years experience managing MSPs, vendor partnerships involved in hardware and software license purchasing and management..
- 5+ years experience with developing inventory forecast, demand planning, and best practices for shipping/receiving.
- Knowing and understanding of ServiceNow Hardware Asset Management and Software Asset Management applications and new functionality pertaining to new release versions.
- A demonstrable understanding of ServiceNow’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB) with relation to ITAM, and with consideration of the Common Service Data Model (CSDM).
- An expert understanding of the EAM asset lifecycle, from order to disposals.
- A working understanding of Agile/Scrum project management.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.