Associate Account Executive
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Strategic and Public Sector teams
Our rapidly growing customer base and product portfolio require us to have a thoughtful approach to account selling. As part of this approach, we are recruiting two Associate Account Executives to support our strategic territories. The primary focus of these roles is to accelerate the growth of our Strategic and Public Sector accounts by sourcing, working and closing smaller deals, while providing deal support to our Strategic Account Executives with new customers, partners, and our install base. The position aims to provide a career path into Strategic Account Executive roles at Okta ANZ.
As an Account Executive, you are a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a high growth, fast paced, collaborative environment and are eager to progress your sales career. You are responsible for developing the pipeline and closing both new business and growth in existing accounts by understanding organisational priorities and positioning the appropriate solution to meet their needs in collaboration with the Okta partner ecosystem. You are accountable for meeting quarterly annual quotas, pipeline generation targets, proactive deal management, and forecast accuracy.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with assigned Account Executives and Partners to strategically target and close opportunities within an industry sector.
- Build insights through customer research and meetings within the existing account base and new prospects to understand organisational challenges.
- Work closely with Okta’s internal ecosystem, including xDR team, Deal Strategy, Customer Success with the intent of finding the best possible outcomes to match requirements.
- Drive the sales process forward by organising demos, quotes, preparing proposals and business value assessments.
- Develop a deep understanding of Okta’s product offerings to help proactively identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities within your account base.
- Lead the sales process on specific opportunities, through to successful closure within your territory.
- Craft and deliver customised sales presentations and product demonstrations with help from a solution engineer.
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievements accurately through proper use of sales tools.
- Travel as necessary, typically 10%
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software sales experience in either pipeline generating or closing, quota-carrying role, preferably in a SaaS B2B environment
- Track record of consistently meeting, exceeding targets
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating effectively within the GTM ecosystem, including but not limited to: AEs, xDRs, SEs, RMs, CSMs, Partners
- Ability to effectively allocate time between different AEs and territories
- Experience in independently running qualification conversations
- Executive presence and confidence presenting to senior stakeholders at large organisations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Google Workspace and Salesforce CPQ
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.